Respected Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@tiny 2 

I am mortified for you that this medical board keeps making contact like that?!

Once is a mistake but twice?!

Are your family members geographically close?

@Andreatoo I think the medical board just probably sent out mass email to all MDs in the state to help with covid patients but it just really got me.

Yes my brothers and sister are here. My mom and husband died. The day of my moms funeral was the day they started hospice with my husband. The nurses visited twice a week and made sure we had all the equipment needed but I did all of his care. I was a critical care RN before RA. I did have to have some help the last week from a nursing assistant who was an angel.

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 Bless your heart, @tiny 2 .  So sorry for what you've been through.

Please let us know if there is anything we can do to add some sunlight to your day.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 

I think about you when I don't see you on the board. Just know that I'm here if you need to sound off. And @ECBG is in North Carolina too!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@tiny 2 

I think about you when I don't see you on the board. Just know that I'm here if you need to sound off. And @ECBG is in North Carolina too!

@tiny 2 Are you in NC?????

@Andreatoo I crused the boards all day, took a few tests and loaded my resume up.  It took a while to find where in the heck what I wanted was located!  You KNOW how the computer can eat up ypour time.

I'm only "on" Saturday and Tuesday.  The other times you will find me here between rain drops, er.....floods!!!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

Image may contain: one or more people

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@wilma 

Wow! That would certainly make things difficult! LOL

All I can say is that this boy has the patience of a saint!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2XCepwaYDc

Do you think she would react the same way with a young kitten or puppy?

@Andreatoo 

Cute video of German Shepherd & cat. 

I’m not sure how she would react to a puppy or kitten. She’s definitely very protective of her territory and yard. Since this is the first time she’s had a nonviolent and secure home, sometimes I think her aggressive barking is her way of telling other dogs that we are her people, and no other animals are allowed. I’ve seen a few local senior dogs that needed adoption, but my DH says Ginger is enough for us to deal with. 

Respected Contributor

@ECBG, Yes I am here in Raleigh. I am strongly considering moving up to the mountain house. This one is really too large. I am just going to think a little more about it.

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@ECBG, Yes I am here in Raleigh. I am strongly considering moving up to the mountain house. This one is really too large. I am just going to think a little more about it.

@tiny 2Love to meet you.  I'm in Asheville.

If you come this way, could you please bring the 42nd Street Oyster Bar with you?

Thanks!Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@tiny 2 wrote:

@tiny 2Love to meet you.  I'm in Asheville.

If you come this way, could you please bring the 42nd Street Oyster Bar with you?

Thanks!Smiley Happy

@ECBG I will share it with you, LOL

Here you go: This is their recipe

Seafood Fettucine

1. 8 to 10 oz. cooked fettucine
2. 6 oz. raw shrimp
3. 6 oz. raw scallops
4. 6 oz. white wine
5. 6 tsp. minced fresh garlic
6. salt and pepper to taste
7. Pinch of oregano, basil, & thyme
8. 18 oz. heavy cream
9. 4 oz. freshly grated Parmesan cheese

Cook the fettucine according to directions; set aside. Sauté shrimp and scallops in butter until done,3 minutes, depending on the size of the scallops in until done. Set aside and keep warm.

Add the wine, garlic, salt and pepper to sauté pan. Let cook a minute or so. Add oregano, basil thyme, along with the cream, and bring to a boil. Let simmer for a few minutes until it is reduced by half. Turn down the temperature and add the parmesan cheese and fettucine. Place seafood on top and serve immediately.

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2  @ECBG 

That sounds delicious! If you're interested in an Alfredo sauce cheat that I've been doing for years try this product. Cut it with some unsalted butter and heavy cream and it's perfect with pasta!

06E30E94-904F-4AA7-8D6D-0D87453A0CCD.jpegThere's also a shallot and chive variety that would be perfect for escargot!