Trusted Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@wilma 

That basement looks so cozy and relaxing, good job!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@wilma 

How horrible that you had to deal with all of that and the medical issues too!  Girl, you need a vacation!

I'd LOVE to see that antique rocker without the pillows!Smiley Happy

@ECBG 

The flood was 2017. I was having lots of health issues at the same time, and still trying to teach. Finally had to retire early because I was so sick. Got better in 2019 & took a nice beach vacation that year. 

Here's a photo of the antique rocker. It belonged to an elderly neighbor of my parents. My parents took care of her because her family lived out of town. When she passed, her children said their mom wanted my parents to have the rocking chair. When my parents passed away it came to me. 

image.jpg

Honored Contributor

@SoCal Bred 

@Nonametoday 

Thank you for the compliments on our basement. We use the space every day for something. 

As long as I'm able I'm willing to paint as long as it's inside. We hire someone to paint the exterior of the house. 

The other side that's still unfinished has our washer, dryer, and storage shelves with plastic bins. We had to throw out all the wet cardboard boxes that we're stacked on the floor, and we lost lots of things stored in those boxes.

We have taken some measures to try and prevent water & sewage from getting in again. So far so good. But when you live in a low lying area near a river, and you have a historic flood like we did in 2017, and the system is overwhelmed, bad things happen that are out of your control. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

As you know, I taught Interior Design and collect primitive furniture.

Your rocker is about 1890-1920.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

The photo of my outfit for singing Saturday night didn't come out well. Way too dark & fuzzy. I forgot to turn on the extra lights in the basement. I wore my black straight leg trousers with a black and white abstract print top and my black heeled loafers. 

Still painting the guest bedroom. Busy week ahead. Lots of appointments. 

In other news I now have a Real ID. Yeah! The government officially recognizes me as me. 😉

Enjoy your Sunday, and Have a Great Week! 🌈

Honored Contributor

It was pretty nice today, we were overcast for only an hour. I figured I would be slightly cool.

"V" neck cotton tee in black, Halston pants with side vents (WISH they had pockets), and Sun Woo tunic from a boutique.  Pendant, white moonstone and green amethyst.

20220925_175736(0).jpg

20220925_175752.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

Very nice outfit @ECBG .  Do you dress this nicely on days you don't work?  I'm afriad I've become quite lazy about my appearance when I'm just sitting around the house!

Honored Contributor

@Citrine1 

Many thanks.

When I'm off I wear jeans and a clean tee shirt.Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

@ECBG  LOVE the tunic. Looks great.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Happy Monday! Hope your week is off to a good start.

I wore one of my favorite casual outfits today. I can wear this Spring, Summer, and Fall. The top has a cap sleeve so if it's hot I remove the hoodie, or I can leave it on if I'm cold. I wore this to the doctor to get blood work done today. 

Old JCP St. John's Bay cable knit sweater hoodie 

Workshop striped top

Old Navy jeans

Tommy Hilfiger sneakers

The Jeffery Banks watch came from HSN years ago. It had 3 interchangeable plaid bands. The tan one wore out first because I wore that one all the time. The blue plaid fell apart last year so the red band is the only remaining one.

46E79F8C-6211-4878-B602-F1760F30F65E.jpeg

9228E044-B7A2-49E4-A76F-9559C4AFE079.jpeg