Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@DiAnne 

I'm a big dog lover too! As for purebreds in the pound I've seen plenty because people don't bother to research before selecting a breed and then dump it!
I guess it's better than the alternative which is dumping it on some side road out in the middle of the boonies

Do you have a yard? Have you considered something like a rescue greyhound? I understand they're giant couch potatoes. A friend of mine adopted one from a rescue group years ago

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

The habitat blouse is gorgeous! You shouldn't cover it up

Esteemed Contributor

14DCE2F3-A11C-4491-9A5D-89333057A24F.jpegJ Jason Wu top and TR straight legs

@Andreatoo the Jason Wu top fits you very nice.  Looks good!  Good buy!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

I have neighbor with a rescue Greyhound.  She got because she is a runner and her Lab had gotten too old.  He would lay down in the middle of run when he got tired.  The Greyhound was worse he would sleep most the day and then go into the backyard and run as fast as he could in a circle.  Destroyed her backyard.  Yes she still has him.

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

@Andreatoo 

I have neighbor with a rescue Greyhound.  She got because she is a runner and her Lab had gotten too old.  He would lay down in the middle of run when he got tired.  The Greyhound was worse he would sleep most the day and then go into the backyard and run as fast as he could in a circle.  Destroyed her backyard.  Yes she still has him.

@DiAnne 
Just an idea! I know you want a dog and I was trying to help. How about a senior?
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@DiAnne 

I'm a big dog lover too! As for purebreds in the pound I've seen plenty because people don't bother to research before selecting a breed and then dump it!
I guess it's better than the alternative which is dumping it on some side road out in the middle of the boonies

Do you have a yard? Have you considered something like a rescue greyhound? I understand they're giant couch potatoes. A friend of mine adopted one from a rescue group years ago

Yep, I heard that, too. Couch potatoes. I also heard several times if you are adopting a greyhound,  adopt two.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline 

I've heard that too. The one downside of a greyhound is that they're not great with other dogs...

of course @DiAnne senior is no guarantee either. My father had his lab for many years, I believe he was close to 15 when he had to give him up, and while my dad deteriorated Scout never slowed down. He was just devastated.

He did do some fostering while he was able to.  Speaking of research one such foster was an Australian Cattle Dog. He assumed the rather compact size meant easy to handle.....He was sadly mistaken! lol

Honored Contributor

Went out to run a couple of errands. Still no word on my sister's biopsies. Will keep you posted. 

Chaps button front ditsy floral shirt from Kohl's 

Old JCP St. John's Bay cable knit sweater zip hoodie

Levi's straight leg jeans

Tommy Hilfiger sneakers

Belt from Kohl's

6A927F0C-F3FD-4627-8B3A-048944B67AEE.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

I always adopt adult dogs.  The youngest was 5-years old.  The oldest was a beautiful Golden Retriever that had spent his whole life on a chain and he was 10.  The last dog I had was a chow/lab mix.  He was a difficult dog.  I always worried if something happened to me what would happen to him.  I don't like small dogs that yap so I decided not to get another dog but I just took my neighbors Aussiedoodle for a walk with me (we have alot of doodles in this neighborhood) so I still have dog buddies...  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo @DiAnne @wilma @Judaline @NYCLatinaMe and Ladies,

We seem to have hit 77 degrees today!  A cold front is coming through (so they say) tonight and it will be here tomorrow.

I am in our soft black and white top, black INAE tunic.  Pendant was a baby conch, a Mabe pearl, and a cultured pearl.  The 2 wider bracelets are vintage from India.

20210414_172514.jpg

20210414_172537.jpg