Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@Judaline wrote:

@Icegoddess wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@FLgardener 

Please don't be discouraged to post here. We can't wait to see you!

ladies I went to the shooting range today! I've never shot a gun in my life and I thought I would but it wasn't to be. I could not handle the noise! I had ear protection on but some of the cannons they were firing were painfully loud and you could feel each shot reverberating through your entire body! It really freaked me out. My husband and brother-in-law want to take me to an outdoor range next time and my husband was instructed to buy me a good set of ear protection! I was using the ones that give you as a range.

We shall see...

I want to do this, too. I have a question - something I've wanted to know-do you close one eye when aiming or keep both eyes open?

@Judaline you're supposed to aim with both eyes open lining the the thing that sticks up on the end of the barrel through the U-shape at the back of the barrel.  However, because of the difference between my two eyes I have a real difficult time doing it.  If you are going to close one eye, you need to determine which eye will be the accurate eye.  If you stick your thumb up at arms length in front of you with both eyes open you can get an idea of where you think you are pointing.  Now, close each eye separately and see how far it moves.  I just did it with the spindles on my staircase and when I close my left eye, I'm several spindles off, so I would need to close my right eye if I were to close one.  I still try to focus with both eyes, but that makes me very slow.  

Also, there can be a tendency to pre-jerk in anticipation of the gun shooting.  Luckily, I don't have that problem but when the gun does actually shoot, the barrel will automatically jerk upwards from the force of the explosion.

You do need to be careful about how you hold a 9mm pistol since that chamber jolting backward can either take a hunk out of the webbing between your thumb and forefinger or could even break a thumb or finger inadvertenly blocking it.  I had the range safety officer stop me once due to that.  

Thanks, I had just googled this and it told me pretty much the same thing, some military guy. I found out my dominant side is my right and to go with my right eye if I use one eye. My left is 'a couple spindles over to the left.' Weird. I'll try both. First with my right eye, then with both eyes. 

I heard the Glock is the perfect gun?

@Judaline I don't know if there is such a thing as a perfect gun.  I don't like 9mm (Glock is a 9mm) because there are more things to remember about them and they tend to lock up in my experience.  Every one I have shot, except the one in the gun course I took, have locked up on me and I haven't shot that many.  I prefer a revolver.  They don't hold as many bullets, but they are simple and that is what I need in a life/death situation.  So many people have accidentally shot someone or themselves because they forget that when you remove the bullet cartridge there is still a live bullet loaded in the gun.

I highly recommend taking a basic gun owners course.  My local range does them just for women now, but when I took mine I was the only female in the class.  Most of the class was classroom instruction, but there ws also an afternoon of practice.  I have been around guns my entire life, but I still thought it was a good idea.  They also cover the various gun laws for your state.  

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @Icegoddess . Some good information there!

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

I believe that was the first thing my daughter said to me: Always assume it's loaded!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0LhF9IeMxI&list=RDD0LhF9IeMxI&index=1

yesterday I got my puppy fix! Was picking my car up at fire stone after getting brakes and an oil change and a young woman came in with a beautiful dog! And once again I meet a breed in a variation I've never seen before?! A black German shorthaired pointer! Really pretty This is just a picture I found on the Internet because I never think to take my phone out! LOL

9C706D9B-ABEC-427A-9802-F787C89FE137.jpegI actually prefer the black to the AKC standard

396BC180-FAD9-4DC4-A3FB-C2FC365D562A.jpegVince Camuto blowout sale top and AT skinnies 

I could've gone down a size on the top but they kept saying it's not Q sizing so......

Honored Contributor

Beautiful dog!

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

Shadow is growing like a weed.  Kisses when ever you want them.  He's my "love nugget".  He holds me when we sleep!!!

Honored Contributor

Don't normally post a pic in jeans even though that is what I wear most of the time.  This is my favorite long sleeve Tee from the ski resort we go to and my "dressy" jeans.  Had to carry Hubby to get his stitches out and the cotton caterpillar sewn onto his face removed.  Now he gets to drive, but he still has to sleep on his back for another week.  Ugh!

Fave Big Sky Shirt & Jeans.jpg

Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote:

Beautiful dog!

@DiAnne 

Right?! He was also bigger than most GSPs I've  seen before

Theyre forbidden to show🙄 

Had you seen the black variety before?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ns0_NK9bJIU

9A299700-9B30-4B09-BA34-EE0D7A0ADDA5.jpegMarc Bouwer lace shell and hybrid pps 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess 

You look INSANELY thin!!!!!!!Smiley Happy

Love what you wore!!!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I have never seen a black one but all of my dogs have come from shelters - not many purebreds there!   I am now dogless because I love big dogs and I don't feel I can provide adequate exercise for one now.  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo @Icegoddess @DiAnne @Judaline @lulu1 

@tends2dogs and Ladies,

Hello Lovelies!  Today was a slight chance of rain, (it happened!) and 74 degrees!

I'm in Fly London sandals now.  Habitat Of Humanity linen top, black on black embroidered top feom Soft Surroundings.  The fabric is thicker than I thought (wished).  It will be spring and fall.

Palatina Blouse - Bohemian Embroidered Blouse | Soft Surroundings Outlet

I got the black and white.

20210413_195019.jpg