Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@wilma This is my first experience with this.  We have been here after hurricanes  before.

Honored Contributor

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7rCNiiNPxA

850838C2-C3D7-49E9-BC11-6FE84898FF09.jpegHalogen blouse and Yummie jeans

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG  Woo hoo! What I wouldn't give to be lounging on the beach with beautiful blue skies right now. It's 63 degrees and cloudy here.😞

I have encountered stepping on SHARP coral in Costa Rica after several storms swept through the area, causing record flooding and devastation. The water is normally a clear beautiful shade of turquoise, but it was REALLY murky. I went wading because it was so hot and humid, and scratched the bottoms of my feet on coral that could not be seen(ouch), so lesson learned!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

@ECBG  Woo hoo! What I wouldn't give to be lounging on the beach with beautiful blue skies right now. It's 63 degrees and cloudy here.😞

I have encountered stepping on SHARP coral in Costa Rica after several storms swept through the area, causing record flooding and devastation. The water is normally a clear beautiful shade of turquoise, but it was REALLY murky. I went wading because it was so hot and humid, and scratched the bottoms of my feet on coral that could not be seen(ouch), so lesson learned!😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Well, Hon, I guess we're twins!  I went in the ocean for more than wading today and floated on a buggy board.  My DIL loaned me her swim shoes and they surely add to your stability.

I had fun showing the 8 yr old grandson how to do the "frog kick".  When I came in, the tide had come in further and I had to step up an incline of crushed shells.  I fell THREE times was dragged back a few inches, and finally a nice man came to help me up.  My knees are quite scratched!

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@wilma  We're an hour and a half north of Myrtle beach.   We''ve either come to the other little beach next to this one or once before here, next door since 1991

@ECBG 
How nice to be so close to the beach!  If I lived closer I’m sure I’d be there more often. My first beach trip was around 1980. Loved it from the first moment! Hope you’re enjoying your vacation! 🌈
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles wrote:

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles Well, Hon, I guess we're twins!  I went in the ocean for more than wading today and floated on a buggy board.  My DIL loaned me her swim shoes and they surely add to your stability.

I had fun showing the 8 yr old grandson how to do the "frog kick".  When I came in, the tide had come in further and I had to step up an incline of crushed shells.  I fell THREE times was dragged back a few inches, and finally a nice man came to help me up.  My knees are quite scratched!

@ECBG OUCH!!! I am so sorry that happened on your fun outing with your grandson, and can almost imagine your pain. I hope you are feeling better today.❤😉

I love vacationing in CR, but will NEVER wade without being able to see my feet again! I could only wade that day, because I was wearing a sundress.😂

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SandySparkles When I told my DIL how easier it is to stand in the ocean with her swim shoes, she had gotten DH a pair.  Apparently these ran very small!  A 10 fit me and I wear 8!!!Smiley Happy  They're mine too!  

On the way home, not far at all from the house, there was a giant old church, painted pink with a large "ANTIQUES" sign on the side!  Really, we could have stopped!!!

They would have strangled me!  I don't know how I will EVER get that and Southport in the same day next day, but I will!Smiley Happy Smiley HappySmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@SandySparkles When I told my DIL how easier it is to stand in the ocean with her swim shoes, she had gotten DH a pair.  Apparently these ran very small!  A 10 fit me and I wear 8!!!Smiley Happy  They're mine too!  

On the way home, not far at all from the house, there was a giant old church, painted pink with a large "ANTIQUES" sign on the side!  Really, we could have stopped!!!

They would have strangled me!  I don't know how I will EVER get that and Southport in the same day next day, but I will!Smiley Happy Smiley HappySmiley Happy

@ECBG I am sure you will!😉 It must have been torture having to pass up an opportunity to browse for antiques.😁

I remember that large, BEAUTIFUL cabinet from the 1800's you posted a while back. THAT is a treasure!😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo @SandySparkles @wilma @Icegoddess @Shanus 

We drove back form the beach today ladies.  Only half of all the beaches leave on Saturday, The others on Sunday.  Glad that we are here on the 4th!  I'm doing laundry and Shadow is terrified by the early firecrackers!

Oh My gosh!  Back under the desk with the blanket!  No rocking Shadow in front of the tv tonight!!!!! 

See the source image

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@DukeBlueNan Where are you honey??

Here I am! We're healthy and doing well in this part of NC.  Very sweet of you to look for me.😃  Just have not been reading the boards for a while. 

Y'all ok?