Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Andreatoo 

55 for 5 pairs of pants that is cheap, we pay 15 to 18 for one pair 

@Andreatoo wrote:

@dex wrote:

@San Antonio Gal @You make everyth8ng look good...like Shawn you have the perfect figure for clothes.

@dex 

And @San Antonio Gal is beautiful inside and out

This morning I dropped off 3 pairs of pants at the tailors. 2 jeans  to be hemmed and another pair to be altered. They do a beautiful job and I think $55 is reasonable.

Sure my m i l is a seamstress but I hate feeling like I'm taking advantage of her

@I am still oxox 

It was only three pairs so I guess it's the going rate around the country?

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Icegoddess  - Please tell me more about the VS pants.  I love a flare cut or wider cut.  Are these flares?  Did you purchase recently or have you had them for awhile?

@San Antonio Gal , They are a flare cut, a little more than a boot cut.  The just hug my thighs and then start flaring at the knee, so no hug of the calves.  Of course I'm 5'1" so I have to wear heels with them.  They are many years old.  I don't so much care for the fit at the "waist" which is below my waist, but the fit in the butt is really nice.  I don't mind that the waist is lower than most of my dress pants, more like my jeans, but they have a bit wider waistband and are constructed more like a men's trouser down to the little buttoned welt pocket on the rear..  So, generally I just never wear them with a shirt that has to be tucked and I'm good.

Honored Contributor

@Judaline 

No I didn't just drop them off. I had to try all three pairs on. I did ask, after the first hem pair, if they could just take the measurement off of that one but they said no. That it was best they did them individually.

This is my second time using them. The first time I did two hems and an alteration also and I was so impressed with the alteration cuz I couldn't see where it was done!

Both times I'm in and out of there very quickly. Probably 10 minutes

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

@Icegoddess  - Please tell me more about the VS pants.  I love a flare cut or wider cut.  Are these flares?  Did you purchase recently or have you had them for awhile?

@San Antonio Gal @Icegoddess 

I was wondering the same thing! I used to love their catalogs with their full line of clothing! They were last-minute saves for a couple of weddings and I still have three of their silk dresses!

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal 

I thought of you when I saw these. They're still at the sale price from Fashion day! ShopHQ 744 - 907

744-907.jpeg.jpg

It's hard to see but there's a tie at the waist. There is a zipper and button fly I just wish they came in other colors! Otherwise I would have picked up a pair

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@San Antonio Gal 

I thought of you when I saw these. They're still at the sale price from Fashion day! ShopHQ 744 - 907

744-907.jpeg.jpg

It's hard to see but there's a tie at the waist. There is a zipper and button fly I just wish they came in other colors! Otherwise I would have picked up a pair

Did you join the program for free shipping all year long and returns? First month is free and then $16.95 afterwards.

I have to get a long all weather trench coat hemmed and it has a lining; no idea how much that will be but it is necessary.  

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@Judaline 

No I didn't just drop them off. I had to try all three pairs on. I did ask, after the first hem pair, if they could just take the measurement off of that one but they said no. That it was best they did them individually.

This is my second time using them. The first time I did two hems and an alteration also and I was so impressed with the alteration cuz I couldn't see where it was done!

Both times I'm in and out of there very quickly. Probably 10 minutes

Yeah, I kinda thought that. I used to got to a lady who did all the alterations by hand. I stopped going to her because the hems always came down. I'll take sewing machine repairs any day. I really can't see where the work was done where I go now. Not unless I put on my readers and use a magnifying glass, too, lol. As a matter of fact, I don't even know for sure what method he uses. I only  know they look good and they stay intact.

Thanks for the reply.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo 

Seems to be, the thing is she does not always do a good job Smiley Sad my Dh has had to take things back that were too long for him, well at least they are not too short Smiley Happy

@Andreatoo wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@Andreatoo 

55 for 5 pairs of pants that is cheap, we pay 15 to 18 for one pair 

@Andreatoo wrote:

@dex wrote:

@San Antonio Gal @You make everyth8ng look good...like Shawn you have the perfect figure for clothes.

@dex 

And @San Antonio Gal is beautiful inside and out

This morning I dropped off 3 pairs of pants at the tailors. 2 jeans  to be hemmed and another pair to be altered. They do a beautiful job and I think $55 is reasonable.

Sure my m i l is a seamstress but I hate feeling like I'm taking advantage of her

@I am still oxox 

It was only three pairs so I guess it's the going rate around the country?

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo @Judaline @crawford5153 @Icegoddess @cherry 

@AmericanBulldogMom and Cheerleaders  

I'm in our brown and tan paisley by pass top, our black duster cardigan and silver jewelry.   The pendant is tiger agate and white topaz.

20191021_091953.jpg20191021_092027.jpg

Honored Contributor

the offspring of Gregg Allman (Devon) and Dickie Betts (Duane after Duane Allman)

have formed their own band. Good stuff!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gOIvZNfKdc&list=PLiDrcWvYvIn7uYvfsqItLLWl9_eUfwjFz&index=5

Me 15.jpg

Who What Wear (target) woven shell and Lee skinnies.