Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@Icegoddess LOVE your shoes!!Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

Well that was a quick spring. LOL! Mid 60's this mornng and now it's upper 30's. Tonight we are under a freezing temp/frost warning as we are supposed to drop into the upper 20's. 🙁

Lisa Rinna long sleeve top, BD button cardi in mauve mist, LF jeans and VC Fretzia booties. 

@dex The full pic is so you can see where my hair length is at. When I had to do the chop, there was barely any length in back. I'm just going with my natural wave when I style it.

4CFDC448-E4A5-40D4-9B4E-409A6B1B1B27.jpeg

@AmericanBulldogMom 

I love this hair length on you. (not that I didn't like your long hair) Play with it; have fun with it. You just may find an in between length you really like.

Not to be a killjoy but I'm quite familiar with how fast hair grows. I lost all mine late spring and finished treatment late summer.  I have a bit over an inch now.  Hair grows approximately a half inch a month. (it's easily found online)  Of course some have faster growing (particularly in warmer weather) but hair does not grow 2 feet a year. Smiley Surprised

Super Contributor

My outfit today at church, breakfast, and afternoon dinner. Coleen lopez jacket over a fuschia top. A favorite pair of black leather pants and high heeled sandals. Got lots of compliments that make me feel I'm doing OK. Hope your Sunday went well. 

HotGrandMamaBlackLeather.png

Respected Contributor

@lulu1 wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

Well that was a quick spring. LOL! Mid 60's this mornng and now it's upper 30's. Tonight we are under a freezing temp/frost warning as we are supposed to drop into the upper 20's. 🙁

Lisa Rinna long sleeve top, BD button cardi in mauve mist, LF jeans and VC Fretzia booties. 

@dex The full pic is so you can see where my hair length is at. When I had to do the chop, there was barely any length in back. I'm just going with my natural wave when I style it.

4CFDC448-E4A5-40D4-9B4E-409A6B1B1B27.jpeg

@AmericanBulldogMom 

I love this hair length on you. (not that I didn't like your long hair) Play with it; have fun with it. You just may find an in between length you really like.

Not to be a killjoy but I'm quite familiar with how fast hair grows. I lost all mine late spring and finished treatment late summer.  I have a bit over an inch now.  Hair grows approximately a half inch a month. (it's easily found online)  Of course some have faster growing (particularly in warmer weather) but hair does not grow 2 feet a year. Smiley Surprised

@lulu1  No worries! I have been long, short, and in between many times with my hair length so I do know it only grows 1/2 inch per month. The difference with this cut was that it was not intentional as in the past. This was to correct a really bad layering trim - at least thats all it was supposed to be. 😏 Thank you. I hope you are doing well. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo @AmericanBulldogMom @Icegoddess @dex @cherry 

@Judaline and Cheerleaders.

I can't BELIEVE I spent all that time on hair this morning and the curl fell out in three hours!  Smiley Sad Smiley SadSmiley Sad  It's body wave time!!!

See the source image

Honored Contributor

@ECBG I feel your pain.  Now, I absolutely cannot wear straight down bangs like you do (and do so well).  I have a weird part that runs the length of the top of my head if I didn't cover it.  And, as my perm grows out, it gets harder to cover.  I also have one on the back of my head that's a combination of part and swirl.  So, I'm going in Wednesday to get my perm.  I really only need it for the part that's grown out. 

At this point it requires a lot of teasing and hairspray to keep it from falling in my face.  I also have some magic powder I put on the roots before teasing on the front part since my hair is so fine it gives my comb something to grab onto and sorta thickens it.  I call it spider web hair because that's sorta what it feels like when the wind blows it in my face.  I just wish I could get and KEEP the volume.  

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess One thing that helps quite a bit is my hair is cut in 3 lengths like a wedding cake.   The ends curl easier without the weight to pull out curl.  

Now that I'm doing beach wave . The hair curls more easily. 

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

@ECBG I feel your pain.  Now, I absolutely cannot wear straight down bangs like you do (and do so well).  I have a weird part that runs the length of the top of my head if I didn't cover it.  And, as my perm grows out, it gets harder to cover.  I also have one on the back of my head that's a combination of part and swirl.  So, I'm going in Wednesday to get my perm.  I really only need it for the part that's grown out. 

At this point it requires a lot of teasing and hairspray to keep it from falling in my face.  I also have some magic powder I put on the roots before teasing on the front part since my hair is so fine it gives my comb something to grab onto and sorta thickens it.  I call it spider web hair because that's sorta what it feels like when the wind blows it in my face.  I just wish I could get and KEEP the volume.  

@Icegoddess The body wave supports weight and works perfectly.!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@ECBG , my hair curls very easily.  She uses two sizes of rods, the 2 largest sizes she has and the minimal amount of time and I still get a good amount of curl out of it.  I seem to have just enough amount of natural wave in my hair so that it at least blends in as it grows out.  I have people who have known me for years and see me on a weekly basis but think it's natural.  I try to follow the Curly Girl Method at least as far as products go.  The only product that is against the rules is the hairspray which has drying alcohol in it.

Honored Contributor

@Icegoddess I do my bangs by turning the curling iron back on the clamp as though it's scraping the hair if that makes sense. 

I have to put gel in my hair to support the curl.

I have just enough curl at the root to make frizz but not support curl