Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@AmericanBulldogMom OMG!!!  He's been a booger today for sure!  He somehow got a hand made Santa off of a tall shelf!  Thank goodness the antique bibles didn't come with the Santa!  Lucky I wasn't THAT fold of him!!!

I am having a large Santa on a large reindeer made.  I guess I'll have to put it up constantly!!!  That's ok.  I LOVE it!!!

Honored Contributor

Just an observation .....

There were about 80 women at the luncheon.  Looking around the room during the speeches. I would guess about 70% of the women were wearing black.  Quite a few shades of gray and sort of taupe/ neutrals and one or two in brown.  Typical ladies' luncheon crowd.

As I said below - I was in black with red.  My friend also was in black with red!

--------------------------------

@ALRATIBA wrote:

I'm getting ready to go meet a friend (at 9:30 am) and grab a cab uptown.  We have a full agenda and probably won't be home until late afternoon.   Morning church service then luncheon (with speakers, etc.)  It's our one "important" annual event.

I was thinking about another post here "NOT CASUAL TOPS"

One of the advantages of living in NYC - you can wear black everywhere and anywhere, any time of day or night ... and be dressed appropriately.

I'm wearing my usual uniform:  black pants, black shoes, black turtleneck ... and a very pretty and dressy red print jacket from Chico's.  The fabrics of all pieces is a bit dressier than normal daytime wear.  I'm wearing simple small silver hoop earrings, watch and bracelets (and usual rings) ... and I'm "good to go."   

The pants and shirt look identical to what I normally wear ... except the fabrics are dressier.  Just add the appropriate jacket.  My look / my style. 

Honored Contributor

Here's a story with a surprisingly happy ending. Couldn't find an eyeglass repair kit that came with the rubber nose guards, they all came with little tiny screws which I didn't need, so today we decided to go to an eyeglass place. When I asked if they had a kit the girl took my glasses and said no problem I'll fix them for you but I'll have to replace both nose guards. No problem I answered. When she was finished 5 minutes later she said $50! My head started to explode and then she said I'm just kidding! I told her that was my worst nightmare her taking my glasses and fixing them and then turning around and giving me some ridiculously high price. How much do I owe you? She said nothing. I said but I have another pair I need fixed! She said no problem bring them in and then another employee said just bring them to us will fix them for free!!

I do not have an account with this store, I did not purchase my glasses there. But you can bet I will be getting my next eye exam and replacing my lenses there!

I was wearing an orange Old Navy sleeveless crew neck tee and khaki DKNY cargo shorts

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@AmericanBulldogMom OMG!!!  He's been a booger today for sure!  He somehow got a hand made Santa off of a tall shelf!  Thank goodness the antique bibles didn't come with the Santa!  Lucky I wasn't THAT fold of him!!!

I am having a large Santa on a large reindeer made.  I guess I'll have to put it up constantly!!!  That's ok.  I LOVE it!!!

@ECBG He's lucky you have a good sense of humor (and patience). Lol! 

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

Here's a story with a surprisingly happy ending. Couldn't find an eyeglass repair kit that came with the rubber nose guards, they all came with little tiny screws which I didn't need, so today we decided to go to an eyeglass place. When I asked if they had a kit the girl took my glasses and said no problem I'll fix them for you but I'll have to replace both nose guards. No problem I answered. When she was finished 5 minutes later she said $50! My head started to explode and then she said I'm just kidding! I told her that was my worst nightmare her taking my glasses and fixing them and then turning around and giving me some ridiculously high price. How much do I owe you? She said nothing. I said but I have another pair I need fixed! She said no problem bring them in and then another employee said just bring them to us will fix them for free!!

I do not have an account with this store, I did not purchase my glasses there. But you can bet I will be getting my next eye exam and replacing my lenses there!

I was wearing an orange Old Navy sleeveless crew neck tee and khaki DKNY cargo shorts

@Andreatoo The only time I needed help was with my Oakley sunglasses at the Oakley store.  The tech jerked both earpieces off with a flourish to get off the rubber sleeves.  Totally unnecessary.  One earpiece constantly came off every other time I tried to wear them after that.  I bought new sun glasses online because it was unable to prove. 

Honored Contributor

@AmericanBulldogMom wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG He's lucky you have a good sense of humor (and patience). Lol! 

@AmericanBulldogMom Thank you.  It's running very thin, especially for DH, the enabler.  I've been to this rodeo before shall we say?Smiley Sad

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo @ALRATIBA @ALRATIBA @crawford5153@dex 

@cherry @Judaline 

Rainy today ladies.   Alex Marie  sweater Dillards.   Vest Dillards.   Banars scarf.   Thus company is amazing in their designs. 

20191013_121854.jpg20191013_121928.jpga

Honored Contributor

Looking pretty @ECBG ....as always.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG  Great hair day...love it down.You always look wonderful.

Honored Contributor

Today's outfit for church.  Calvin Klein top, Madden Girl shoes, and New Directions pants. Not sure what you call the pants, cigarette, straight leg?  On me they really hug the calves so after I've been sitting I have to bend over and pull them down.  You can't see, but they have little silver rivets along the seam at the ankle.  The one thing I don't like about the pants (besides that they hug my calves, but I have large calves), I didn't see this in the store, but sitting in good light, along the seamlines there are little tiny elastic threads all up and down the seam, and they're kinda brown, not black like the pants.  

Oct 13 2019 Outfit.jpg

Pic of the shoes.  They have zippers up the back to get into them.

DSCF0101.jpg