Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@NYCLatinaMe 

I did do a thread with a review but long story short I like them! They're not overly stretchy like a dg2 or what I assume nydj are but there's good return and they don't bag out!

I would say they are true to size. I ordered a size 4. My waist is 27 inches and my hips 37 + 1/2. Keep in mind when looking at the garment measurements that they do not go up to your natural waist

I noted in my review thread that what caught my attention about them was that all the models looked good in them!

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks @Andreatoo!   I found your review. Did you order regular length?  I didn't see this style in petite and they look long in your picture. I am also 5'2" (unfortunately carrying too much weight right now), and hippy and leggy and find QVC petites are often too short.  

DG2 styles became more stretchy over time. Dont like the changed fabric, and they fall off. The NYDJ felt like a girdle, very different.  I suspect they stretch during wear, but I don't want to fight my clothes. They are expensive and don't want to end up with expensive ill fitting, uncomfortable clothes.  So going back.

Seeing the LR review reminded me, i don't watch because I cant stand her (I don't watch the Housewives shows, this is just the on air stuff), but I won't mind wearing her jeans if they fit well. I may give them a try when my credit card recuperates.  I bought some ponte pants from her a couple of years ago, and kept a pair.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NYCLatinaMe 

There were two choices and I ordered the regular ( or maybe it was referred to as average) I'm only 5'2 also but my legs are long so petites never fit

Edited to add that I checked and there are petites available but the smallest one is a size 18

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo @AmericanBulldogMom  and Ladies,

• 20190519_111105.jpg

20190519_110933.jpg

Lovely sunny day in the mountains.  Today I'm wearing a black and white top from Chicos several years back, a black cotton top with black embrodery from our sore, our white crops, and a green malachite druzy pendant.

Regular Contributor

ECBG.....I notice in most of your pictures you wear a belt which always looks so stylish.  I'm 5'2 and very short-waisted. Do you think a belt would help my look or cut me in half?

Also should it be thin or wide?  Thanks..you always give good advice.  By the way I'm 74 so you'd think I'd know by now!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@marmot24 wrote:

ECBG.....I notice in most of your pictures you wear a belt which always looks so stylish.  I'm 5'2 and very short-waisted. Do you think a belt would help my look or cut me in half?

Also should it be thin or wide?  Thanks..you always give good advice.  By the way I'm 74 so you'd think I'd know by now!

@marmot24 Thank you for your kind complement.  I am a true hour glass and if we don't define the waist we can look heavy because of the line from the outer rib to the hip.

I'd need to see you for the best advice.  If you can't upload a picture, I suggest a belt that starts at the waidt and goes down.  That will elongate your waist.  This type of belt is ideal for you on the outside of your shirt.  Tucking in tops will not add length to your waist.

Amazon  

Women Leather Belt Hook Designed Buckle Wide Waist Belt Elastic Stretch Waist Band (4 colors).

TY belt Women Leather Belt Fashion Hook Designed Buckle Wide Waist Belt Chic Elastic Stretch Waist Band (brown)

If you wear mostly solids, see how you like the same color of plain belt on your waist, like a black belt on a black top.  I wear a lot of contrast belts to bring the eye up from the hip.

I would suggest you stroll through the belts and see what appeals to you.  Smiley Happy  Let me know what you decide.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo   Happy Anniversary! You started this thread two years ago today. It's still going strong. Congratulations!

~~~"Patience is the power to do nothing when doing something won't do anything but make everything worse"~~~
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo WOW!!! Girl!!! A Forumaversary!

Image result for festive tray of champagne

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

@ECBG wrote:

@Andreatoo @AmericanBulldogMom  and Ladies,

• 20190519_111105.jpg

20190519_110933.jpg

Lovely sunny day in the mountains.  Today I'm wearing a black and white top from Chicos several years back, a black cotton top with black embrodery from our sore, our white crops, and a green malachite druzy pendant.

Favourite over my last favourite...you look amazing..hair spectacular.I love the crop pants too.

Honored Contributor

@dex You can call us and order our crop white jeans.  The pants arew 50% off now.  Shipping is $8.00.Smiley Happy