Respected Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@Andreatoo wrote:

@tiny 2

I'm so glad you enjoyed it! He does have a great voice and that piece is in pretty stark contrast to his heavy metal stuff which I also enjoy.

He also does a really good job with Genesis Land of Confusion

@tiny 2

You're right the Conan version is great! Check out a video entitled Disturbed David Draiman speaks on Sounds of Silence. I now have a whole new respect for the man

@Andreatoo,Yes, You can tell he is very well trained but it doesn't hurt when you naturally have a 4 octave vocal range or more. Gotta have those pipes.!! Somewhere he said he worked with an opera coach to relearn the ability to do the clean smoother part of the song. He is a very talented man.

Honored Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

@Nonametoday

This is just a wonderful picture.  Thank you!

Years ago, my husband and I made the trip to Biltmore (from Southern Maryland) for the first weekend the house was decorated for Christmas...maybe it is right after Thanksgiving.

We ate at the stable, but, at that time, there was no place to stay on the property.  I would LOVE to go back but my husband is not a fan of revisiting a place once we've been there.

We stayed overnight and did ALL the behind the scene tours.  They showed us rooms still being renovated and we did an "on the roof" tour so we could see the outside of the house.  My husband is a builder, so this tour was a must.  Also were in the maid's quarters, the kitchen, and furnace room.  The room where they stored the dinnerware was amazing with a tall ladder going to very high shelving.  Must have had enough china to serve a small country.

The decorations were breathtaking, as was the house and grounds.  Seeing that HUGE tree in the dining room was amazing.  

It was one of the best trips we've ever had.  

Do they decorate a lot for Halloween?

I am happy to hear, like myself, you have enjoyed visiting there.  They decorate for Fall, not Hallowe'en, but the pumpkins and haystacks, etc., could be thought of as Hallowe'en given the way they present them, but it is more Autumn, indicative of the season.

Honored Contributor

@tiny 2

After listening to the interview and the comments he made about classical training I looked him up on Wiki. He spent 12 years in religious schools, Jewish, and while it didn't say it I suspect he may have trained to be a Cantor

Who knows? I just find all the layers to the man very sexy! LOL

Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo, Me too, He is totally hot! Woman Very Happy

His father was a Cantor.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo@AmericanBulldogMom and Ladies,

I was on the floor late this afternoon until closing.  I was so glad I stayed.  I was able to help a beautiful early mid age woman and her daughter.  She left in smiles when she came in unable to smile.  I think there was a reason that I had to attend a function today before work that caused me to work the late shift.  I took 20 pounds off of her!  She looked wonderful!!!

I'm wearing a Peter Nyguard cobolt cowl neck top, and our sweater duster for last year.  Blue agate pendant from a young NC artist.  Guild earrings.

DSCN0903.JPG

Respected Contributor

Really love this whole outfit. I am more of a casual girl. Look's like you have lost some weight too. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@ECBGyour eyes looks so sad, but you still look so pretty..

Honored Contributor

@cherryThank you cherry.  I'm in pain, looking at Smokey Blu keeps me upset as well as a few other things.  I really enjoy work and stepping into the creative world around me.

Just a day at a time.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG@You are such a kind person who I have no doubt is well loved in your workplace and everywhere else too.Nice that you were able to turn that ladies afternoon into a happy shopping experience and fashion success.

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo@AmericanBulldogMom and Ladies....

Am I the only one?

I traded the short and 3/4 sleeve tees out today in my closet.  This also causes me to box all the sandles I couldn't get (was too tired to) put up and restraighten the "home stuff" shelves.

I had chased down a Dansko clog and was SO disappointed I couldn'r snag it to wear to work.  

I had it!!!  I gotten it during the first of the summer or at the winter's end.  

Does anyone else buy things, put them back, then it gets pushed out of your mind?

Thanks.

I think I'm stressedSmiley Sad