Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo@MacDUFF@SouthFlorida321@AmericanBulldogMom@magicmoodz, and Lovelies

Home today ladies, just deflaiting.  I worked nonstop this past week to keep busy.  I was going to volunteer for the Craft Guild of the Southern Highlands today, but I'm too tired to move.

For those of you who don't know, I lost my only sister, four years younger than I, to cancer and laid her to rest last Friday.  

A nurse, she had 3 highly invasive surgeries in the last year and a half and just couldn't take any more chemo.  She lived in a Lexington, SC, a little town outside of Columbia, SC.  

I'd like to share this poem.  I love it so much.  Maybe someone else will like it.

"I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side, spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speckof white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.
Then, someone at my side says, "There, she is gone."

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast, hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.
Her diminished size is in me -- not in her.

And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone," there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

And that is dying..." ~ Henry Van ******

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Home today ladies, just deflaiting.  I worked nonstop this past week to keep busy.  I was going to volunteer for the Craft Guild of the Southern Highlands today, but I'm to tired to move.

For those of you who don't know, I lost my only sister, four years younger than I, to cancer and laid her to rest last Friday.  

A nurse, she had 3 highly invasive surgeries in the last year and a half and just couldn't take any more chemo.  She lived in a Lexington, SC, a little town outside of Columbia, SC.  

I'd like to share this poem.  I love it so much.  Maybe someone else will like it.

"I am standing upon the seashore. A ship, at my side, spreads her white sails to the moving breeze and starts for the blue ocean. She is an object of beauty and strength.
I stand and watch her until, at length, she hangs like a speckof white cloud just where the sea and sky come to mingle with each other.

Gone where?

Gone from my sight. That is all. She is just as large in mast, hull and spar as she was when she left my side.
And, she is just as able to bear her load of living freight to her destined port.

And, just at the moment when someone says, "There, she is gone," there are other eyes watching her coming, and other voices ready to take up the glad shout, "Here she comes!"

@ECBG wrote:

Home today ladies, just deflaiting.  I worked nonstop this past week to keep busy.  I was going to volunteer for the Craft Guild of the Southern Highlands today, but I'm to tired to move.

Gone where?

@ECBG My deepest sympathies go out  to you for the loss of your little sister.  I can't believe I am reading this and now literally have the chills and some tears.  I picked the same exact poem and it was read by my niece to a large congregation at my husband's funeral service.  That poem will always be with me.  God bless.Heart

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG

Oh E, I am so very sorry. Many hugs to you. It is true, we never know what is going on in someone else's life.  You are a testament to that--always kind and cheerful when you quite obviously have been dealing with sadness.  

I have not heard this poem before.  It is one of the most beautiful tributes to a physical being leaving you while her soul moves on. 

May your sister rest in peace and may loving memories ease your sorrow at this difficult time. 

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@ECBG

Oh E, I am so very sorry. Many hugs to you. It is true, we never know what is going on in someone else's life.  You are a testament to that--always kind and cheerful when you quite obviously have been dealing with sadness.  

I have not heard this poem before.  It is one of the most beautiful tributes to a physical being leaving you while her soul moves on. 

May your sister rest in peace and may loving memories ease your sorrow at this difficult time. 

@magicmoodz,Thank you, Luv.  I was told the poem may have possibly come from Hospice.  It just gives me a beautiful vision.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG We used this poem for my mother's service, and it gave all of us siblings much comfort, especially as Mom told me in her last days that she saw and heard people in her room telling her she was eagerly awaited. It was her truth and her strength. I am sorry for your loss and send hugs.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

It's difficult to find the right words in these tragic situations but just know that I'm here if you need me......

Respected Contributor

@ECBG I am so sorry to hear about your sister.  I know there are no words to take away the pain and loss you are feeling. Just know you are in are in my thoughts and all of us “here” are here for you no matter what you may need. < Hugs > ❤️ Beautiful poem.  Thank you for sharing.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBGMy deepest sympathies go out to you.   I am so sorry for your loss. 

I have never read that poem before it is truly beautiful.

Trusted Contributor

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss @ECBG. You and your family are in my thoughts now and in the days to come.

Honored Contributor

@Caligurll wrote:

@ECBGMy deepest sympathies go out to you.   I am so sorry for your loss. 

I have never read that poem before it is truly beautiful.

@Caligurll,Thank you.  It's a beautiful picture when you read it.  Hopefully, everyone who reads it will have a little nugget of peace.Smiley Happy