Respected Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@nycgrl wrote:

@Tique wrote:

@nycgrl   I saw your black top presented on Evine and thought of you. How are you?

733-783.jpg

@Tique - thanks for thinking of me. Fared OK during storm as to power - that was sporadic, but had to deal with some other damage. Didn't fare as well as @Andreatoo and @SouthFlorida321. I think they lost power, but I don't recall hearing of any damage to their homes thankfully. It looks like a war zone where I live. Seriously. Never saw so many power trucks on the road. We had 8 tornadoes - I think that's what did it where I live anyway. I am still very grateful that we all made it through. I feel sad for those who have been dealt the blow of Hurricane Maria. 

Still haven't worn my top yet. Have had way too much on my plate since Hurricane Irma. My office was closed for nearly a week and we still have only service elevator and lights still out in some areas. Computers have been wonky too.

My shutters are still up on some windows - just too much to do and mentally and physically exhausted.

Hello @nycgrl I was going to send you a note.  Yes, the aftermath is the toughest.  I went into a sad like depression after, but the past 2 days am starting to feel like my old self again. The clean up trucks, cutting down trees are here everyday.  It took 12 years to make the area lush with green's after Wilma destroyed it.  Now we begin again...  Glad your alright.  This too shall pass...........Heart

Respected Contributor

@Boehm Collector wrote:

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@Boehm Collector wrote:

Hi All,  I've never posted on this thread.... but have been lurking for quite some time.  Just wanted to let you know I really enjoy reading your posts and seeing everyone's lovely outfits!!  

Hey @Boehm Collector happy your joining in.  It's just good  fun here! Woman Very Happy

Hi @SouthFlorida321 .. judging from your nic.... I assume you live in Florida.  How did you survive Hurricane Irma?  Hope all is well.  

Hi and thank you for asking @Boehm Collector. Heart yes, I'm in Miami Beach area and we took quite a beating....a very long one that lasted almost 2 days non stop.  Clean up efforts are ongoing.  It will take time.Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

@dex wrote:

20170918_133538.jpeg

I love this...hope you don't mind but I don't think the sweatshirt with lace is your best look.

@dex

Thanks...it's very summery, cool, comfortable, casual...everything I was going for with this outfit LOL!   No problem about the lacey sweatshirt...ITA...it's outta here lol.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@dex

It's okay honey; you don't have to like my shoes! lol

Clogs in general are a love 'em or hate 'em style I think. I've always liked them and for me it's all about the comfort! I've never suffered for fashion!

Today I'm wearing the fitflops with Lee crops and top I picked up at Target ions ago. I don't think I own another drawstring waist top but if you've been paying attention you'll know why I bought this one! lol

Me 22.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo

Oh yeah...the drawstring highlights your tiny waist...not to mention the great olive color (I'm paying attention lol).   You also look great in peplums, too.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo Haha once again another stellar look!I can't see the shoes though?You have an amazing figure that looks good with everything.Your waist is so small that you should always play that up.What do your female coworkers do to keep up with your style setting?

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

@Andreatoo

Have your boots arrived yet?

Respected Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

I'm trying this again.  A beautiful day and went for a casual beachside lunch.  Juicy Couture mico terry zip top, G by Giuliana classic skinny jean. (I cut a pair and cuffed into shorts - love them! (I have plenty to spare as backup lol.) Nike tailwind sneaks. Woman Happy0920171024c~3[5846] (3).jpg0920171038d-2.jpg

@SouthFlorida321

Question--do you ever NOT look totally put together?

You look so cute today.  I recently did the same thing to a pair of distressed jeans--reduce, reuse and recycle!  

I really like your Trailwinds.  During the Nordstrom Anny sale there was a woman featured on the site front page wearing a pair of Nike Air Vapormax. While I was mulling over hitting the submit button, they sold out!  

I might have to take a page from your playback and wear my sneaks more often.  My husband loves when I wear them and I am comfy.  Win-win!1

@magicmoodz  Answer:  Yes, of course I do, lol, but it's a color coordinated mess with my mild OCD issues.

You are so right and I'm glad you did that with your jeans too.  I have been looking at AG's "Brooke" bermuda short for months now, priced at $158.  After mulling it over I just went into my closet, and and now will make my own jean shorts.  They look just as good too.  Great phrase "RECYCLE"...... I will attempt more too.Woman Wink

I get it with your hubby and the sneaks.Woman Wink  We think putting on full makeup, dresses, stilletto's on will do the trick but what many men find most appealing, sexy is that fresh faced girl in a ponytail, simple white tee and a pair of well fitting jeans? You know "the girl next door look". Go figure...Woman Happy   Now mind you, my comments are for when the relationship is fully secured...Woman Wink

@SouthFlorida321

Haha!  It's always comforting when others share their issues.  Makes me feel more normal! 😊  

When I think of all those years traipsing around in sky high heels that eventually affected my neuroma--but, hey, we were young! I live in a city where outside activities/exercise are very popular so casual attire is the norm and I feel my best when dressed down.  But I will never give up my make-up.

My best friends are those pretty, fresh-faced, athletic types and they have no trouble attracting men! 😉 

@magicmoodz another great word "traipsing".  I sure did a lot of that too - - OUCH! Smiley Happy  I hear you on your athletic friends.  I was always very sports oriented when I was young and still go to my gym as much as I can.  Now, first thing out of a guy's mouth that's interested asks "do you golf?" I say no, I can't go in the sun.  I date the ones who have their golfing buddies already..ha.Cat LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@SouthFlorida321 wrote:

I'm trying this again.  A beautiful day and went for a casual beachside lunch.  Juicy Couture mico terry zip top, G by Giuliana classic skinny jean. (I cut a pair and cuffed into shorts - love them! (I have plenty to spare as backup lol.) Nike tailwind sneaks. Woman Happy0920171024c~3[5846] (3).jpg0920171038d-2.jpg

@SouthFlorida321

Question--do you ever NOT look totally put together?

You look so cute today.  I recently did the same thing to a pair of distressed jeans--reduce, reuse and recycle!  

I really like your Trailwinds.  During the Nordstrom Anny sale there was a woman featured on the site front page wearing a pair of Nike Air Vapormax. While I was mulling over hitting the submit button, they sold out!  

I might have to take a page from your playback and wear my sneaks more often.  My husband loves when I wear them and I am comfy.  Win-win!1

@magicmoodz  Answer:  Yes, of course I do, lol, but it's a color coordinated mess with my mild OCD issues.

You are so right and I'm glad you did that with your jeans too.  I have been looking at AG's "Brooke" bermuda short for months now, priced at $158.  After mulling it over I just went into my closet, and and now will make my own jean shorts.  They look just as good too.  Great phrase "RECYCLE"...... I will attempt more too.Woman Wink

I get it with your hubby and the sneaks.Woman Wink  We think putting on full makeup, dresses, stilletto's on will do the trick but what many men find most appealing, sexy is that fresh faced girl in a ponytail, simple white tee and a pair of well fitting jeans? You know "the girl next door look". Go figure...Woman Happy   Now mind you, my comments are for when the relationship is fully secured...Woman Wink

@SouthFlorida321

Haha!  It's always comforting when others share their issues.  Makes me feel more normal! 😊  

When I think of all those years traipsing around in sky high heels that eventually affected my neuroma--but, hey, we were young! I live in a city where outside activities/exercise are very popular so casual attire is the norm and I feel my best when dressed down.  But I will never give up my make-up.

My best friends are those pretty, fresh-faced, athletic types and they have no trouble attracting men! 😉 

@magicmoodz another great word "traipsing".  I sure did a lot of that too - - OUCH! Smiley Happy  I hear you on your athletic friends.  I was always very sports oriented when I was young and still go to my gym as much as I can.  Now, first thing out of a guy's mouth that's interested asks "do you golf?" I say no, I can't go in the sun.  I date the ones who have their golfing buddies already..ha.Cat LOL

@SouthFlorida321

Years ago, I was "on the go" in those 4" stilettos.  Now I "traipse".  Haha!  

I hear you about the golf.  My husband loves the game and plays every Thursday afternoon in a league.  I took lessons a long time ago and it would appear I was quite good, but truthfully it was all luck. And I would get nervous having a bunch of men behind me observing.  I decided the game just wasn't for me!  

I am sure there are plenty of men out there who prefer male bonding on the golf course and then an evening spent with a lovely woman, a good bottle of wine, a favorite restaurant and great conversation!   

Honored Contributor

@Andreatoo,Your love of olive really pays off with the elastic waist and the peplum top!Smiley Happy