Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF

I knew you were going to ask me that! LOL but it was quite simple I was at Target looking at the olivey jeans and trying to find the perfect pair. I was flitting from one to the other like a bumblebee! As I moved along I would see things I didn't like like the high waist, distressing, released hem, Etc. When I eventually landed on the one I purchased, right waistline, right size, no distressing, I forgot to look at the hem!

I did Nordstrom's today with my friend whose birthday is coming up. We spent an inordinately long time in lingerie but I learned something! I've been using the wrong hook on my bra for nearly 50 years! Did you know that the proper hook, proper fit, is the loosest setting and not the tightest? As it gets worn it loosens up and that is when you use the tighter hooks. I was going directly for the tightest one and apparently wearing a bra too big because of it. I ended up in a size 34d

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

@Andreatoo

Do you have a Steinmart anywhere near you?   I was there today and saw so many things I thought you'd like. 

@MacDUFFApparently there's one two miles from me but I've never been there. Is it like a TJ Maxx with name brands or is it off brands? I can't tell from the website because what looks like one world is called live-and-let-live! I clicked on a few things but I can't get any information because their websites not working properly 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo@MacDUFFI've found some cute things in their boutique.  That's where you need to be.  There are definately some brands in that area I guarantee you'd like!  Be sure you look at how they've arranged the isle hangers before you go into that area.

In their middle misses area, some of the items are er...lower quality.  I do like their Joseph A sweaters cartigans and wore one with a yellow and white scarf to the interview where I'm now working.

Their housewares is quite good, and sometimes they have luggage.

I'd LOVE to go with you!

Off for two days!  10 days doing something!

Like the Joan Rivers special value in red, but I won't call attention to my hips with those pockets cut on the bias!

Honored Contributor

TBIM! (too bad it's Monday) and too bad I wasn't more critical when I put these bf ON jeans on cuz they're kind of big! The top is from TJ Maxx....the 'belt' is attached to arms ..

Woman Wink

Me 20.jpg

I can always get my MIL to take them in....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@StylishLady wrote:

Wore my green leather dress today to church (ushered), coffee hour after and breakfast. Will be going to dinner later on this afternoon. This is a previous photo of me. I wore a double strand of pearls today.

GrnLthrDress2.jpg

YESSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You are rockin' this dress! I know that there are women on this forum who wish that they look half as good as you @StylishLady.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

Opps forgot to post the OOTD yesterday.

The top is a 5 year old Kenneth Cole...the one that had the mysterious white ring smack dab in the middle, which disappeared...literally...with a black permanent marker.   Cannot see even a shadow of the ring nor any different shade of black in direct sunlight.  YAY! 

It hits on everything I like...perfect length, unusual (which usually gets me into trouble, but not with this top) cowl neck detail, figure flattering tucks in front, 3/4 sleeves that stay in place all day when scrunched up, summer cool/comfy, washes like a dream.  

Earl jeans from Marshall's or TJ...3 safety pins have been tightening the waistband for the past 5 years (Mom = mortified), I kid you not! 

Marc Jacobs purse; Joan Rivers bangles, LDO necklace, Crocs.

20170723_125716.jpeg

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo

Bumblebee shopping...I love it!  Image result for bumble bee emoticon

Yes, I know about the bra hooks...ask me if I remember it when I'm getting dressed (no!).

So, let me get this straight...you have a Steinmart 2 miles from you and you've never checked it out!?!?!   Image result for thud emoticon gif

Get over there, bumblebee woman!  Tomorrow after work!  Sheesh!!

Here's my Steinmart haul.   From left to right...Nine West tiered blk/wh maxi dress, Impo sandals with studs, Mirror Image cotton striped pullover with lace, B Design skirt, and Belle France grey lace tank with attached silky overlay.  Nine West and Impo are brands I'm very familiar with...have never heard of the other 3.  So, to answer your question, a mix of brand names and off.   Average price per item = $25 (less the Fidget Spinner that I also bought lol).   

Will try everything on with several things in my closet and will love them (and wear them within a few weeks) or they go back.

20170724_145745.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

Today's outfit.   Men's 100% cotton tee $9 from Dickies...substantial weight, soft, wash/dry/wear, minimal wrinkles, no stretching/bagging, elbow sleeves (lol)...why can't I get all that in a woman's tee?...and old black crops-that-might-have-been-capris-that-might-have-been-ankle length...floods, IOW...made into pedal pushers.

Sewing machine, which has been on our dining room table for a month or so, is finally put away and safety pins are finally gone from the Earl jeans!   Smiley LOL

20170724_174507-1-1.jpeg

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF

I love the black Kenneth Cole top!  That's my style.  You should check out the Hanes website.  I get my t-shirts there, men's and women's.  They have a Nano tee that is fabulous.  I always go for V-necks.  They wash and dry without shrinking.