Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ECBG

Wow! that color is so dynamic! Is that leather? It looks so soft...

Incidentally it's Friday! Woot Woot! And I'm channeling my inner @ECBG! You've inspired me!

Me 19.jpg

Top shop tee, ITC vest and, whatever this length is called, pants!

The belt is Fair Child on clearance for $13.47!!

Fair child belt.jpg

It also comes in black..

@Andreatoo,That leather is buttery soft.  Fery high quality for her to be able to braid the shoulder strap!

This look on you is quite astounding!  You need a few other belts because it's one of your best looks if not THE best!  You just took off 10 pounds Girl!  Rejoyce!!!

Image result for martini

Regular Contributor

Re: Oufit of the day, if you dare!

102 today and suppose to get hotter,  nightgown to bathing suit and cover up.

be comfortable amd feel good about what you have spent your hard earned 

money on.

Spoiler

Honored Contributor

@ECBG

I suppose but you're going to have to get used to the extra 10 lbs because the belt thing I won't do on a regular basis. I just don't like the feel of something wrapped around my waist! It's not uncomfortable but I know it's there so I mess with it LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo

That vest is a pretty blue...is it a light navy or what?   The belt looks great...you have the waistline of a teenager, darn you!   Heart Smiley Wink

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

I spent a few hours fine-tuning the summer purge...a few more things went out and a few things went to the tailor, one of which came out of the Goodwill bag lol.   More flip-flops went bye-bye.  I have one last summer tweak to do on the sewing machine.

My tailor and I had an interesting discussion...she's been a supportive help with the purge.   Heart  Granted she benefits financially, but, since she has several times told me not to waste my $$ on an alteration, I trust her.

She told me to stop buying Women With Control...she's sick of "fixing" them for me.  Smiley Surprised  Now, before the WWC fans jump down my throat, she actually likes the fabric ("for casual only").  It's the fit...it's not cut for me.   Same with DG2, unless DG goes back to the original fabric.  We are both at a loss as to why, with all the stretch in these two lines, the thighs are cut like jodpers.  Also, it seems I'm "foolish" for thinking the garment measurements are going to be accurate.  Smiley Embarassed  The only Q designer she really likes is LDO (I'm "allowed" to buy his clothes).  Smiley Very Happy

We decided that, if we were in charge of the fashion industry, we would decree that ABC Company would cater to apple shapes, with petite, regular, and tall departments.   DEF Company would cater to pear shapes, with P, R, and T depts., etc!   If you're an apple, shop ABC Co.   (Vote for us!)

I think she thinks "picky" is a derogatory term...she's from the Ukraine, so English is her 2nd language...sometimes, I'll use an American idiom, and she's lost.   Apparently I'm not picky, I just know what I like and what feels comfortable.   I say apparently she doesn't know the half of it.  Smiley LOL

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I received this dress from Nordstrom...

Positives:   Well-made; nice fabric; beautiful embroidery work; lightweight for summer; breezy not-voluminous-kimono-type elbow sleeves (love!).   Really cute dress!

Negatives:   Embroidery is gold (not crazy about gold...I wear mostly silver); snug in chest and a little tight for comfort at empire waist (it's from B.P., which I think used to be called Brass Plum, a junior department); at least 5 inches would have to come off the length (what?!   Ain't gonna happen!).  I'd have to sew the slit together at least a few inches down, and I'd probably have to ditch the tank it came with for a skinny tee...a hot skinny tee.

Negatives outweigh the positives for me...back it goes.   

Image result for toddler crying

Amuse Society Lyla Print Maxi Dress

Esteemed Contributor

A couple of outfits that made the cut...incorporating new with old...

New JJill top, size small.  I think I lost an inch in length and it's a little snug in certain places (across the back, around the hem, and the bottom of the sleeve), but not enough to go up to medium (usual JJill size)...I took into consideration some of your comments about size.   Old wide leg crops and flip flops...

20170721_145518.jpeg

Esteemed Contributor

My "uniform" look (long over slim)...new Talbots shirt, size large.  A little big in shoulders (problem area), but 35-40% cotton, so hoping for some shrinkage, which will probably happen in the length where I don't want it...always something!  Marla Wynn lightweight indigo denim jeans, Cole Haan sandals, red Sak...please note that I mixed red, coral, purple and orange Smiley LOL...

20170721_163256.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF That's one of my favorite outfits (plaid shirt), I love all the colors.

Today I wore a Michael Kors from Marshalls black maxi skirt with a Simply Vera Wang from Kohls sheer printed top. It's black with some subtle pink and white. I just love a sheer blouse with a cami under it, hardly wear that look at all but I do love it. Black Jockey cami.

I wore it all day because I was going to church. Leaving church a lady complimented me on my outfit, that felt great. I thought my outfit was nothing special, old from my closet and comfortable. It does feel put together though and I like that.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ECBG

I suppose but you're going to have to get used to the extra 10 lbs because the belt thing I won't do on a regular basis. I just don't like the feel of something wrapped around my waist! It's not uncomfortable but I know it's there so I mess with it LOL

@Andreatoo,That's ok Girl!  We're supposed to breathe (I think!)!!!