Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit of the day, if you dare!

@MacDUFF

The shoes are great especially in the morning. They do get a little tighter towards the end of the day but if I pay closer attention to what I eat I should be okay. Incidentally have you seen my cat? She was supposed to get her medication hours ago!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF wrote:

Speaking of reality...back to the boring basics.   

I wasn't sure about this top from Talbots' Red Hanger sale...it's so lightweight, but only a shadow shows thru, so nothing extra needed underneath...it's similar to voile or lawn cloth.   I thought it would wrinkle, but not much at all.  The fit is perfect.  

Sizing inconsistencies:    This top is a large...the Talbots blue gingham cardi from the last picture is an x-large and fits almost exactly the same (except the cardi is an inch shorter, but works with skirts and wide leg bottoms...it's always something lol).  

Today was one of the hottest, muggiest so far this year.  I intensely dislike summer in the South (****** Yankee!) and summer clothes, so I'm happy to put together a cool, comfy outfit.   Tribal peddle pushers with slit in center back...

20170712_161551-1.jpeg

I think this is due, in part, to how we want individual garments to fit. In this case, for example, I think I would have sized down to a large in the cardigan as well were I buying it for myself (just going by the photo) -- I prefer that type of cardigan to be a bit more fitted, and it looks as though you are wearing it with a bit of drape and a looser fit overall. I do love that striped top!!

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF,The red hanger top looks really breezy.  Were you cool on the 12th?  (The longer sleeves).  

It's 88 here and I'm in a short sleeved tee.

Honored Contributor

I live in suburban NYC and it is a 3 H day here, Hazy, Hot and Humid, hubby and I are driving into Manhattan, to HSS (Hospital for Speial Surgery) for his follow up . 

I am wearing the dress below in black, I sort of forgot I had it Smiley Happy , it is cool and comfy and no need to a shrug

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 8.25.43 AM.png

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Trusted Contributor

My latest purchases......

356T83_83_P1.jpg

045P17_33_P1.jpg

Hope they fit.  

Esteemed Contributor

jonbon wrote

...I think this is due, in part, to how we want individual garments to fit. In this case, for example, I think I would have sized down to a large in the cardigan as well were I buying it for myself (just going by the photo) -- I prefer that type of cardigan to be a bit more fitted, and it looks as though you are wearing it with a bit of drape and a looser fit overall. I do love that striped top!!

@jonbon

Good point.  I do like a looser fit, especially in summer (give me some air flow...I'm dyin'!! lol).  The cardi, tho, fits well in the shoulders and chest...I tried a large and the buttons were gaping.  The large was also shorter!  UGH!   It's always something, I tell ya!

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@MacDUFF,The red hanger top looks really breezy.  Were you cool on the 12th?  (The longer sleeves).  

It's 88 here and I'm in a short sleeved tee.

@ECBG

Yes, surprisingly, the 3/4 length cardi is quite cool and comfy...it's a cotton/rayon blend.  

Esteemed Contributor

Pictures, please!...of your cute dress @I am still oxox and your new purchases @luv-the-Q when you get them!!

Trusted Contributor

@MacDUFF

@Andreatoo

@ECBG

@I am still oxox

I'm so old school in the tech department.  I have a flip phone that I never turn on unless I need it.  I have a great camera, but the only full length mirror I have is in the bathroom and having the toilet in the pic really takes away from the cute outfit thing.  😁

I'll try to get my husband to take a picture one morning before work.  I might have to get a new phone just to take pictures with.  You all look so good in your wardrobe pieces and it's inspiring.  I love fashion and I love to see what others are wearing.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono

Didn't you once post several pictures of your outfits?  I can't remember if it was you or @LTT1.

Anyway, I enjoyed that so much.