Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oufit of the day, if you dare!

I'll be brave (sunglasses notwithstanding LOL).

Day of Rest here...casual and comfy (even tho they smooosh "the girls," thank goodness for sports bras lol)...

Vintage America plaid shirt...waaaay out of my box haha...lightweight cotton...purchased at favorite local consignment shop...$5...with SteinMart tags still on.

Women With Control jeans...purchased as is...sizing seriously whacked!   I wear a small in Linea pants and these are 14...my tailor took at least 3 inches off both the inside and outside seam around the butt and upper thigh area of both legs.  It was worth it for the color and because they don't get stuck on the calves.  

http://www.qvc.com/qvc.product.A287104.html?sc=PSCH

Dr. Scholl sandals...purchased several years ago ($15?) at WalMart...I'm still kicking myself for not getting at least one other pair...super comfortable.

Canvas Baggallini purchased several years ago from TJMaxx...$10...love!

An honorary mention to Joan Rivers for Great Hair Day...been using salt/pepper, but thinking of trying white...purchased in-store at Soft Surroundings (about a dollar less than Q sells it for and no S&H)...YAY!

And, even tho it looks like it, I don't have spinach in my teeth LOL!!

20170520_151118-1.jpeg

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

Very nice. Your dressed and ready to go out.

Still love that porch.

Honored Contributor

Do you follow a special diet and exercise program ?

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

As usual you look great! I'll be back on Monday with something fabulous because I honestly don't know how to paste on my phone!

For the record I don't need to see people but it would be fun to have a face to associate with the conversations

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo

@SharkE

Hey, there's still time...I'm hopeful some others will post.  It took me a while to figure it out not to mention get up the nerve LOL. It's fun to see what other people are wearing especially since, I'm assuming, we're all at least somewhat interested in fashion.  I like putting a face (and an outfit lol) with a name.

@ECBG emailed me a pic of a great outfit a few weeks ago...I'm pretty sure Mr. ECBG could help her post it here (and block out her eyes/face if preferred)...it was a black cardigan with yellow details/scarf that I think she wore to a job interview...hint, hint, Tig!!

Esteemed Contributor

@SharkE

I don't follow any diet plan, but I've always tried to follow my Mom's advice to eat a balanced diet, to eat more whole foods (don't put a bag of chips anywhere near me LOL), and to watch my portions.  I love to eat!

My so-called exercise routine is kind of strange...now, don't laugh, but 4 days a week (I'm trying to add a 5th) on the days I don't work, while still in my jammies (no fancy, cute exercising outfits for me lol), I speed walk around the house.  I start in the bedroom closet (seriously), then speed walk to the kitchen where I open the silverware drawer, then back to the closet where I pull something out of the clothes basket and start a pile for laundry, then fast walk back to the kitchen where I put a spoon from the drying rack into the drawer, then back to the closet where I pull something else out of clothes basket and start another pile (or put it in the pile I already started), back to kitchen...put knife in drawer...back to closet & more separating...to kitchen and open cupboard...closet/separate...kitchen and put one dish up.   Back and forth, back and forth, never stopping for more than a sec, for about 30 minutes.

By the time I'm done, the clothes are separated for laundry and all the dishes are put away.

I kid you not.   

Is that seriously weird or what!??

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

Check out 729 - 221 unfortunately it's dry clean only but it is on clearance and it's long and I think you would love it! And I now know it would look fantastic on you!

@SharkE how's that for a practical reason for seeing each other?! Lol

Honored Contributor

LOL anything that works.

@MacDUFF  I ride my recumbent bike 30 minutes 3-4 days a week for 24 miles . I go 8 miles 3 days a week for sure. I need to do upperbody stuff because I'm built like a line backer all chest above the waist.

Just don't have the energy by the time you clean house and put in 30 min on the bike I'm all in.

As you age it gets even harder to keep wgt from creeping up on you

Never ends.  LOL

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo

I liked it in the burgundy...probably because of the silver beading.  I own exactly 3 things that need to be dry cleaned...the 3 things that I need for the 3 (maybe) times I need something "fancy!"  LOL!   (I liked the one you have better.)  Do you go to a lot of dressy occasions?

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF

Nope. I have no occasion to wear it! LOL I just think it's beautiful