Honored Contributor

Since the skirt has fullness to it, your top should be more fitted with something to give you a waist but not tight.

Honored Contributor

@mintedrose 

How about a cashmere sweater like this one?

Trusted Contributor

I really like the skirt. It's very neutral, so really almost any color would look good. If you want to stay in a neutral palpate, ecru or any shade of gray. But if you want to spice it up, red, royal blue, mustard, teal, purple or even coral. It depends on what look you want. If you go embellished, I would keep it subtle since the print is pretty big.❤️

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono 

I love that top. I have something like this but Im looking for something much more conservative hence slouchy because its family. Some of them are uber conservative. I wanna avoid deep or v necks as well as a fitted style. 

~No act of kindness, no matter how small is ever wasted~ Aesop
Honored Contributor

@mintedrose 

Have you considered gold?

Ralph Lauren Metallic | Shop the world's largest collection of fashion |  ShopStyle

Honored Contributor

T Tahari - Lurex Ribbed Sweater

Contributor

You want to make a statement...wear RED on top!  But if you want boring...were a neutral.

Your choice.

Respected Contributor

Re: Outfit ideas

[ Edited ]

Since the skirt is either in the shade or tone family, the top needs to be as well in order to match (no tints or hues). Another way to look at it is that the skirt is subdued so something light/airy or bold/bright isn't going to be cohesive.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Outfit ideas

[ Edited ]

@mintedrose   What about a lovely silk blouse in your choice of color. (Mine would be red of course) I personally would not wear another texture like a sweater to compete with the skirt which I like.  The model is showing a smooth fabric top.  A blouse is not form fitting and should get family approval

Respected Contributor

@mintedrose 

I vote for a red blouse or the red cashmere sweater with a jewel neckline. Plus red shoes. I really like the skirt. I guess I chose red as that is my fav color. Woman Wink