Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit- The Friendsgiving Potluck

I agree with the others --- leave off the booties for a casual potluck.  A fawn colored pair of booties would look perfect. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

I love this look and I would wear it.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I'm not a fan of it. Sorry.

Esteemed Contributor

Don't care for the boots and I'm not fond of the blazer with the jeans.  I also prefer darker jeans and then I "Might" like the blazer with it.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

I can do it all except the golden go-go boots because I have everything except the golden go-gos.

Respected Contributor

In my neck of the woods, someone is bound to ask where your spaceship is.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

There is another discussion here today about the Cambridges attending an event.  Click on it to see what is looks with minor adjustments when Kate wears it.

While the jeans are great for a casual event for most of us, a neater top and different footware go a long way.  A pair of colored pants really upped the look as well, and a nicer (but basically the same) top tucked in.

It's often not what you wear, but how you interpret the look that makes all the difference. 

Honored Contributor

Like the outfit, ditch the boots.  

Honored Contributor

@Bird mama 

I think you are right.  I understand that they wanted a bit of sparkle to raise the outfit up if it was going to worn to a holiday brunch or girls night out for drinks.  But the sparkly, squin boot was just too much.  They should have gone with a softer metallic pewter or silver boot.  Like the ones you found.