Honored Contributor

Re: Outfit Inspiration: Anthropologie Sweater & Skirt

[ Edited ]

@LTT1 wrote:

@Mindy D

I am on an iPad and using Safari as a browser.

First, you must save a picture to your device (iPad)

Then, you must start typing your reply.

At the top of the box, there is a rectangular figure that looks like a picture:

E65E8BD1-0608-4CF6-9252-347768A629A8.jpeg

It has been called the “choose file” command.

Click it and it will let you choose the picture on your iPad.

FYI: COPY/PASTE is not available on iPad.

I’m sorry, @lolakimono, I just saw your notification.   Thank you for the shoutout!🌻

@LTT1, great instructions!🌻

However, I would add that we can copy and paste with our iPads (and iPhones) -- sometimes (it's complicated!🙃)...    I found this image online and used the copy and paste to add it here.   I either press/hold and use the copy option and then paste here or select the whole image (highlighting it like we do with text) and copy then paste.   Also, sometimes we can copy from the Google search listings, but other times we have to go to the linked site and copy from there.

I like to do it, occasionally, rather than add to the growing accumulation of saved images in my profile.    However, the ability to do this, or the ease of doing it, varies depending upon the image source, how it’s coded or protected, and also the iOS version.

@Mindy D,   I hope this helps!  I’m using iOS 12.1.3, iPad 6, using Safari.😊

example:

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

Thank you SO MUCH!

I hear you so much about adding to my additional “collections!”

Too much upkeep!

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

@lolakimono

I am searching for you and hoping that you are feeling ok?

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Honored Contributor

Well, while you're at it maybe you can help me? I don't use a laptop but on my computer I can copy/paste anything EXCEPT a photo sent to me from a phone.I can't forward it or copy/paste it or send the whole email to someone. When the recipient opens it, they say there's only an empty box. I have asked my kids who can do anything on a computer, but they are stumped. Would you have any idea at all why I can't do this?

Honored Contributor

@Judaline wrote:

Well, while you're at it maybe you can help me? I don't use a laptop but on my computer I can copy/paste anything EXCEPT a photo sent to me from a phone.I can't forward it or copy/paste it or send the whole email to someone. When the recipient opens it, they say there's only an empty box. I have asked my kids who can do anything on a computer, but they are stumped. Would you have any idea at all why I can't do this?

@dooBdoo

@LTT1

Any help for @Judaline?

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@dooBdoo

@LTT1

Any help for @Judaline?

Greetings, everyone!   I've only been on the forums off and on, so I keep being slow in checking my notifications.   @Judaline,   There are numerous ways to add images to email messages, and I can think of so many possible suggestions -- but it would help to know what kind of computer and phone you use so we can try and narrow down the clues to the problem and find a solution.   

Not that you have to do so, but I wanted to add a suggestion that it might work better to separate this out as an individual thread  (perhaps in "Electronics" or wherever you feel comfy posting it).    Whatever you decide, I know you'll get helpful tips from the great posters here!😊

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@dooBdoo

@LTT1

Any help for @Judaline?

Greetings, everyone!   I've only been on the forums off and on, so I keep being slow in checking my notifications.   @Judaline,   There are numerous ways to add images to email messages, and I can think of so many possible suggestions -- but it would help to know what kind of computer and phone you use so we can try and narrow down the clues to the problem and find a solution.   

Not that you have to do so, but I wanted to add a suggestion that it might work better to separate this out as an individual thread  (perhaps in "Electronics" or wherever you feel comfy posting it).    Whatever you decide, I know you'll get helpful tips from the great posters here!😊

Thanks, @dooBdoo, I just may do that.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Judaline wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@Judaline wrote:

@dooBdoo

@LTT1

Any help for @Judaline?

Thanks, @dooBdoo, I just may do that.

You're welcome, @Judaline!     I feel bad leaving you without some ideas so I'll add a bit of info here.   

This problem of email images sent from a phone not forwarding can be related to the email provider software or your email settings, or your device types...  or the type/format of the image (such as .jpg, .png, etc.) as it was sent to you from someone's phone.    In some cases, and a common issue:   if the image isn't an actual attachment and, instead, is linked to a web location (a "remote image"), it might be dropped from the code when the message is forwarded or replied to or simply copied to paste.   There are many variables, so it's hard to diagnose without seeing it in action.  

Apart from looking at those possibilities and narrowing this down to what kind of device or image type, or which email provider/settings, here's one thing to try that usually will work although it takes a couple of extra steps:    Save the image to your device and then upload it (add it) as an attachment when you forward the message.   If that works, at least we know you're on your way to a good resolution.

I hope this helps!   I know how frustrating these glitches can be.❤️

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo wrote:
<snip>

@dooBdoo

I can’t believe that of all pics, you posted this one.  A few years ago I saw it, and just know it was saved some where, but haven’t been able to find it.  Have been looking and looking.  

Thank you you for choosing this one!

Best Wishes. 🌹

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Drythe,  You're welcome!   It's a principle that I learned several years ago, and I love sharing it!   How wonderful that this was here for you!   Serendipity!   I needed a lift today, and you provided it.🌻   Thank you, and good wishes to you, too!❤️