Honored Contributor

Am I the only one who thinks this is a short black skirt with an overskirt so that they can be worn separately?  If it isn't it SHOULD be!

Wear the black skirt to work, add the top skirt after work.

I've seen bridal dresses like this where the top skirt is worn for the ceremony then the shorter or more simple underskirt for the reception.

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Do you have the 'before' (aka Desk) picture?

@sidsmom 

No "before."  This is the copy (AKA the fashion mullet).

Capture.PNG

@lolakimono 

I tried to give you hearts but it will not allow. Does that quite often.  If it were me, but it is not, but I am just sayin', I would wear a pair of black slacks (hang this someplace in the office and slip it on at the last minute).

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

I think that could be a cashmere sweater.  If so, why not wear slacks to work and slip the skirt on right before the party with the cashmere.  I don't think it is cotton or maybe I am not seeing it properly.  It either looks like cashmere or that fabric they are using in the recent past which looks matte on one side and shiny on the other.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes, it works.  However, my workplace and my lifestyle are way more casual so, in my world, this is overdressed for work and also for going out for dinner/drinks that evening.  

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

Perfect for an office party.

Honored Contributor

Ugly!!

Honored Contributor

Looks a bit too elegant for office but it sure is a fabulous look for evening.

Trusted Contributor

The underskirt is very short, I think, for work.  When seated, it would show even more.  For party, yes. For work, no.

Honored Contributor

I used to dress like that when I was working in the city. I love it!Heart

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@lolakimono wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

Do you have the 'before' (aka Desk) picture?

@sidsmom 

No "before."  This is the copy (AKA the fashion mullet).

Capture.PNG

@lolakimono 

I tried to give you hearts but it will not allow. Does that quite often.  If it were me, but it is not, but I am just sayin', I would wear a pair of black slacks (hang this someplace in the office and slip it on at the last minute).

@Nonametoday   Definitely slacks, maybe flats or ankle boots to the office. At 5, pull a "Clarke Kent" and arrive looking festive.