Esteemed Contributor

Re: Out of the loop again: Is Jill Martin gone or just on vacation/leave?

@handygal2 wrote:

@tropics21 wrote:

Did Shawn slip and fall because of the huge heels she was wearing?  I would assume, too many casualities with 5 inche shoes not to mention foot problems down the road.  I think that shoe boot high heel shoes are unflattering to one's legs

Not everyone can walk in those things. Shawn always seems to look uncomfortable in them. I call them "face-plant shooties." 

QVC didn't show Shawn falling on air, and they didn't pan over to her until she was back on her feet. Yes, it's likely that the high heel stiletto shooties caused her to slip and fall. It's not a particularly good way to constantly sell really high heels on TV either.

Honored Contributor

@happygolfcartrider wrote:

@handygal2 wrote:

@tropics21 wrote:

Did Shawn slip and fall because of the huge heels she was wearing?  I would assume, too many casualities with 5 inche shoes not to mention foot problems down the road.  I think that shoe boot high heel shoes are unflattering to one's legs

Not everyone can walk in those things. Shawn always seems to look uncomfortable in them. I call them "face-plant shooties." 

They have no fashion look either. They do not flatter her legs at all.I can't understand why someone would continue to wear something so unflattering.Woman HappyHeart

@happygolfcartrider: Not to mention, dangerous!  Woman Surprised

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I foresee a scenario in the future where women who want to buy these dangerously high stiletto heels will have to sign a release that they won't sue the shoe manufacturer for poor design after they fall and sustain serious injuries. Then they wouldn't have a leg to stand on.  Woman Wink

Valued Contributor

I noticed that after LR left and Shawn kind of became the fashion "it" girl, she started wearing those ridiculously high-heeled shoes.  Up until this time, she talked about all the foot problems she had.  It was kind of weird when she went from wearing reasonably sensible shoes to to crazy shoes.  I wonder if it was somehow in her contract that she had to spiff herself up in order to take over LR's place.  Be that as it may, I've always felt that she looked uncomfortable dressing in such a "high style" way.  I think Shawn is very cute and I think she looks better when she's not tryng so hard.  

Honored Contributor

Didn't Shawn take a spill a couple of weeks ago too? Woman Surprised

Valued Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon, she fell when she was on the Hoverboard.

Honored Contributor

@Bri21 wrote:

@faeriemoon wrote:

@faeriemoon, she fell when she was on the Hoverboard.

@Bri21  Ah, yes; the Hoverboard incident.  

I think Shawn wears the heels for her fashion shows, and when she glams up in real life, but I do believe her when she says she goes for comfort most of the time.  She doesn't even like handbags-- a concept I cannot even fathom!!! 

Image result for shocked emoji

Valued Contributor

@faeriemoon, I live for the handbag!  LOL

It seems like she's super casual in real life. 

Honored Contributor

Back to Jill Martin.  I've only seen her showing clearance items lately.  I have a feeling GILI is on the way out.  Has anyone seen any new items presented?  I just can't watch as much as I used to now that DH is retired. 

Honored Contributor

I found it curious that last night she went right back out there with the same type of super high stiletto heels. Woman Surprised  I would have worn something a bit safer. You know, "once burned, twice shy."