Honored Contributor

I'll very soon be 75.  The main 2 places I go to are the Drs. and out to lunch.

I haven't worked in 47 years.  I wouldn't know nor would. I care about fashionable if it bit me on the butt.

I get compliments on what I wear.  I guess it's appropriate for a grandma.  I don't care.

I wear what I like and what I feel like doesn't make me look like a stuffed sausage.

I surround myself with kind, fun people, who would never say anything mean about what I wear.

Besides, nothing really goes out of style, things just recycle back again.

My teenage granddaughters love shopping at used clothing stores.  

The other day I wore a blouse I bought several years ago from QVC.  It's amazing.  It has embroidery all around the cuffs and the blouse.

If QVC is guilty of anything, in my opinion, it's that everything looks the same.

They have the same people selling the same items.  I'm sure many of you have favorite clothing pieces that you bought a long time ago.  I feel the same way.

Valued Contributor

@gmabee38 ...  speak for yourself please !!  I LOVE skinny jeans AND tunics.  Check out Macy's if you don't like the Q styles !!

Honored Contributor

Re: Out of style

[ Edited ]

@Desertdi wrote:

It's all about PROPORTION...everyone needs a full-length mirror.

@Desertdi 

Amen, sister!   

I have lost count of the times when women were wearing "skinny" jeans, and they looked like they'd washed them and they shrank and were now too tight and too unflattering.   

I often thought WHY don't they get a mirror so they can see exactly how they look!  

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Out of style

[ Edited ]

I was at an outdoor school event recently and seated in back of some teenage girls and overhearing their conversation making fun of 3 older (to them) ladies walking down below us because they were wearing skinny jeans at their age.  I would have guessed the 3 to be in their 40's but I suppose to the 16-17 ish girls they figured them as being born when dinosaurs roamed the earth. 

Honored Contributor

I don't know if they are out of style but I cannot wear them. I just don't think it is a good look on me...I am well aware of what I can and cannot wear and snug jeans is one of them.  

I just that QVC would offer more styles than skinny...I like the fact that they offer different patterns, which is difficult to find in the stores but always pass on purchasing because most of the time the pant is a skinny pant.  I think QVC is missing the boat because I would at least make a purchase to see if the pant was a good fit but will not buy the skinny style.

Honored Contributor

Skinny jeans have been popular for over 10 years and are here to stay.  Skinny jeans are a "modern classic" I guess you could say.

Honored Contributor

@NanaFrost wrote:

I will never ever give up my skinny jeans, leggings and tunic tops.  I like how they look, fit and feel and that's all that matters to me.  On the other hand, you will never catch me in tattered jeans, short tops, high-water pants no matter how many "fashion sources" push them.

@NanaFrost   Never got into the jogger thing except for exercising, tunics always too long for me and leggings a NO, but my skinny jeans are my staples!

Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs   Pants and bras are a "must purchase in person"....The shipping and return charges are crazy.

Honored Contributor

I used to keep up (or tried to) with what was in and what wasn't.  I tried to wear what was in style in an age appropriate way.  Now, I want to look stylish, which I think is a bit different than being in style, isn't it?  I don't know what kind of jeans or pants are in style or aren't since I don't get out much at all.  When I do get out, most of what I see are yoga style pants and that's pretty much it!  So, out of curiousity, what type of jeans and pants are considered in style right now?  Straight leg, boot leg, skinny leg, flared, or what?  As for tops, I see on t.v. that a lot of the younger people are back to wearing tops that are pretty short, the kinds of things I wore when I was in my teens and twenties.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

skinny jeans make the legs appear long - especially great for shorter ladies.

To me:   enough of jogger things.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  On short women bootcut is best or just a bit of flare.  No pedal pushers either.  At least that's one stylist told this shorter gal @fthunt , to each her own...

Bootcut on short people makes your butt look bigger, and you look like a clown.