Trusted Contributor
Given the obesity problem these days, I think tunics will be in style for a long time to come.
Super Contributor

That is the reason most QVC and HSN hosts wear stilettos with their oufits, because it makes their legs look longer, and clothes look better. Both AMY'S almost always wear them, even when it doesnt go with what they are wearing!!!

Valued Contributor

Re: Out of style

[ Edited ]

It cannot just be an "obesity" problem, long waisted people, tall people, etc have needs for long tunics, just like petites want clothes that fit them. Clearly there is a demand if there is such a saturation of tunics on the Q. I am a long torso person and most "average" tshirts or blouses do not fit me correctly and ride up. I have a problem with Belle tops for this reason, unless called out as a tunic.  Her regular tops just hit my waist and I feel "drafty" if I wear those, so I err on the side of caution with her tops specifically.

Honored Contributor

@ajsidney12 

Same here .... long torso.  Most of my tops are tunic length.  I like the long lean look.

I did buy one Kim Gravel item (velvet big shirt) .... other than that, I don't partcularly like her prints and don't wear stretchy jeans!

-----------------------------------------------------------

@ajsidney12 wrote:

It cannot just be an "obesity" problem, long waisted people, tall people, etc have needs for long tunics, just like petites want clothes that fit them. Clearly there is a demand if there is such a saturation of tunics on the Q. I am a long torso person and most "average" tshirts or blouses do not fit me correctly and ride up. I have a problem with Belle tops for this reason, unless called out as a tunic.  Her regular tops just hit my waist and I feel "drafty" if I wear those, so I err on the side of caution with her tops specifically.

Honored Contributor

I will agree on one -- tunics.  I am so sick of seeing so many.  Extra fabric on the hips makes you look bigger.   In short, get rid of the tunics.

kindness is strength