Esteemed Contributor
All ladies are different, thank goodness! I'm short and skinny. 5'2" size 2. I look totally stubby and out of proportion in flares and bell bottoms. Skinny jeans give me a long, sleek look. Yay!
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor

@Cumbercookie13 wrote:

Speak for yourself, but as a longwaisted plus size woman, skinny jeans, straight leg jeans, and tunics are an important part of my wardrobe as they are flattering on me. For all the complaining on here about larger ladies "not covering up", be thankful that I do---even though what someone wants to wear is their business as long as it's not offensive or breaking the law. There are tons of style options out there for you---don't only be confined to QVC. They are going to sell what makes them money.

You've described me to a tee.

Honored Contributor

@gmabee38 

I agree that the Q seems to still be pushing the skinny bottom silhouette even though looser fitting bottoms are definitely trending right now. They also sell a lot of tunic tops to wear with all those tight pants. I've seen a lot of joggers on the Q which embrace the looser style, but I still see more skin tight pants & tunics than anything. I'm assuming the Q knows what their customer base likes so they will continue to sell those styles.

At my age, I'm going to wear what I like. I do own one pair of skinny jeans, but tight pants and tunics are not my style. 

I'm definitely old enough to have seen many trends come, go, and come back again. I think trends are interesting because I've always loved clothes and fashion, but I'm not going to wear or stop wearing something based solely on trends. I'm glad there's a greater variety of styles for us to choose from and wear today than in the past. 

Frequent Contributor

WOW ! Pants are sure on fire....(slow down) .I thought I was "speaking for myself" and making an observation, thats all.

I never said I didn't like Q styles and FYI....I do regularily go to Macy's.

Super Contributor

I still wear jeans from the nineties.  In fact a lot of those styles are back and being sold for big bucks.  See Agolde.

I also have a 1991 Metallica Tour shirt.  They also sell for big bucks on eBay LOL

Wear what you look good in!  Every now and then I decided to "catch a trend".  But rarely.  I do have to say I do not like joggers - anything that adds the illusion of larger hip/rear area is not for me!

Occasional Contributor

Skinny jeans are for a slim fit and great for shorter ladies to look tall.

I am always using skinny jeans, I have 27 in different types Smiley Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: Out of style

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee wrote:

And what am I suppose to wear with my knee-high boots?? Sure not going to cover them up with flares. That would be a waste of some good-looking boots. Long live theskinnyss!

@SilleeMee 

Enjoy your boots.  All of the jean styles are having a brief day in the sun. Skinny jeans have reached "classic style" level because they look good on several body shapes.

The style I see as falling back is the boyfriend jean.

Super Contributor

@NanaFrost wrote:

I will never ever give up my skinny jeans, leggings and tunic tops.  I like how they look, fit and feel and that's all that matters to me.  On the other hand, you will never catch me in tattered jeans, short tops, high-water pants no matter how many "fashion sources" push them.

^ This!!!!  Boot cut and flare jeans just do not work for me...at all. Big fan of Old Navy's skinny jeans. I like my tops long and generally buy tshirts and sweatshirts a size or two larger for the extra length.

I am not superstitious, but I am a little stitious.
Honored Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

skinny jeans make the legs appear long - especially great for shorter ladies.

To me:   enough of jogger things.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  On short women bootcut is best or just a bit of flare.  No pedal pushers either.  At least that's one stylist told this shorter gal @fthunt , to each her own...

@gertrudecloset Uh I am short and I wear capris and pedal pushers very well even ankle pants.  Boot cut?  No.  I need straight leg jeans and pants.  

Good for you @Sooner .  I wear things I want to, but that doesn't mean I look my best when I do.  Skinny jeans tend to cut the leg off making shorter women look shorter.

I'm short and prefer boot cut or flare.  I do have skinny jeans too.  I know I look better in bootcut though.

@gertrudecloset If my friends are disappointed when I wear something that isn't my "most flattering" then they need to replace me as a friend.

I am short.  OK.  So something points that out.  SO?  Nothing I wear is gonna make people think I'm tall. Or skinny.  LOL!!!!  I am clean,  neat, well groomed and appropriately dressed.  Along with my naturally sweet and sunny disposition Woman Tongue--'Nuff right there!  

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@Sooner wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

skinny jeans make the legs appear long - especially great for shorter ladies.

To me:   enough of jogger things.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  On short women bootcut is best or just a bit of flare.  No pedal pushers either.  At least that's one stylist told this shorter gal @fthunt , to each her own...

@gertrudecloset Uh I am short and I wear capris and pedal pushers very well even ankle pants.  Boot cut?  No.  I need straight leg jeans and pants.  

Good for you @Sooner .  I wear things I want to, but that doesn't mean I look my best when I do.  Skinny jeans tend to cut the leg off making shorter women look shorter.

I'm short and prefer boot cut or flare.  I do have skinny jeans too.  I know I look better in bootcut though.

@gertrudecloset If my friends are disappointed when I wear something that isn't my "most flattering" then they need to replace me as a friend.

I am short.  OK.  So something points that out.  SO?  Nothing I wear is gonna make people think I'm tall. Or skinny.  LOL!!!!  I am clean,  neat, well groomed and appropriately dressed.  Along with my naturally sweet and sunny disposition Woman Tongue--'Nuff right there!  

I hear ya @Sooner LOL

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life