Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: Out of style

[ Edited ]

@qbetzforreal wrote:

@gmabee38 wrote:

Would someone please alert the buyers or whoever is in charge of styles that skinny jeans and tunics are old news.  Last years hits are this years failures, especially at the higher prices QVC's is trying to sell them at.

QVC takes a trend and then beats it into the ground.  All of its vendors offer a variation of the same thing.  Kim Gravel's TSV was similar to Denim & Co TSV offered a few weeks ago.

I agree.  Many times I've seen an item from a vendor that I have not previously purchased from and think oh that's cute.  Then I realize that I have pretty much the same item from another designer.  

This has happened with SG, Isaac, denim and company, and even Lisa.  I find that shopping my closet saves me money. 

“If we couldn’t laugh we would all go insane.”- Jimmy Buffet
Respected Contributor

@HLP wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

skinny jeans make the legs appear long - especially great for shorter ladies.

To me:   enough of jogger things.

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  On short women bootcut is best or just a bit of flare.  No pedal pushers either.  At least that's one stylist told this shorter gal @fthunt , to each her own...

Bootcut on short people makes your butt look bigger, and you look like a clown. 

Not on me.  I'm barely 5'1" and bootcut balances my butt best! 

Honored Contributor

@gmabee38 wrote:

Would someone please alert the buyers or whoever is in charge of styles that skinny jeans and tunics are old news.  Last years hits are this years failures, especially at the higher prices QVC's is trying to sell them at.

The concept of "in style"  doesn't exist anymore and hasn't existed for many years.  Women decide for ourselves what our fashion aesthetic will be.  We are fortunate that we live in a time when the choices are endless.  The cookie cutter days when every woman wore the same things are long over.  You can decide what you want, you can't make the decision for other women.

Honored Contributor

@AngelPuppy1   I have both straight leg and wider leg pants and jeans.
I find I am pulling out my straight leg more often but they are not tight and they are jeans.  I do have one pair from Macy's line that is a knit and also straight leg.

I also have two pair of fuller/flared leg jeans and several nice pants that have a fuller leg.

I don't wear socks until it gets really cold so I find the straight leg pants look better with a slip on shoe.  When it gets cold and I am wearing socks with a bit higher heal I will wear the fuller leg pants.

I see a lot of people wearing thin leggings with tops that are obviously tight with shirts that are two short.  I swear half the population does not have a full length mirror.

If I don't feel comfortable in my clothes I know I have picked the wrong thing to wear.

Esteemed Contributor

@NanaFrost wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Wrong, wrong, wrong.  On short women bootcut is best or just a bit of flare.  No pedal pushers either.  At least that's one stylist told this shorter gal @fthunt , to each her own...

Short ladies, just like everyone else have different builds and there is no one cut that is perfect for everyone just because we're short.  All bootcut aren't even the same, some flaring more than others.

Correct, @NanaFrost .  I'm 5'2", no hips, and wear size 4 or 6 jeans.  Skinny jeans definitely are a better look for me.  But a plus sized lady who is 5'2" might get different advice as to what looks best on her.  There's more to it than just height.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Honored Contributor

@Mom2Dogs 

That sounds kind of what I used to do.  I would wear my more fitted jeans, etc. with flats and the straighter legs or boot leg ones more in colder winter to wear with booties, etc. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

Love tunics, leggings ,they are just very comfortable.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Frequent Contributor

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@NanaFrost wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Short ladies, just like everyone else have different builds and there is no one cut that is perfect for everyone just because we're short.  All bootcut aren't even the same, some flaring more than others.

Yeah, you know that and so do I.  Whatever it is it's better than skinny leg for short women.  No pedal pushers either.  Go ask your stylist if you're short @NanaFrost 

I'm my own stylist, so you already got my stylists opinion Smiley Very Happy

Frequent Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I was at an outdoor school event recently and seated in back of some teenage girls and overhearing their conversation making fun of 3 older (to them) ladies walking down below us because they were wearing skinny jeans at their age.  I would have guessed the 3 to be in their 40's but I suppose to the 16-17 ish girls they figured them as being born when dinosaurs roamed the earth. 

The comments of teenage girls would carry less than zero weight with me!  Around here, I wonder if half the teens I see around town get dressed in the dark and have no idea what they've put on!

Honored Contributor

Re: Out of style

[ Edited ]

@NanaFrost wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@NanaFrost wrote:

@gertrudecloset wrote:

@fthunt wrote:

Yeah, you know that and so do I.  Whatever it is it's better than skinny leg for short women.  No pedal pushers either.  Go ask your stylist if you're short @NanaFrost 

I'm my own stylist, so you already got my stylists opinion Smiley Very Happy

I thought only movie stars had their own stylists.