Trusted Contributor

Re: Oscars --- Who is watching?

On 2/22/2015 stray770 said: At least the documrntary about the Veteran's hotline got an award...that's the best we can hope for....Uhh I like Patricia Arquette but she works in Hollywood and gets more than equal pay...kinda of a ludicrous statement as Meryl cheers her on...ugh!

First of all Patricia was talking about ALL women. Some wealthy people actually care about equal pay. Secondly, women actors get paid less than men. How can you get "more than equal pay" if a man who does the same job as you gets paid more?

It's always a victory for me when I remember why I entered a room.
Regular Contributor

If you had seen Birdman, you would understand the underwear. Too bad,superb film.
Trusted Contributor

Whoever's writing the intros and NPH's stuff should never be hired for a show again. Terrible! And the "short" joke? Hasn't that been done during every Oscar show since who-knows-when? Awful. And while I'm on a tear, the stage is so overdone, it's hurting my eyes! Can't say one good thing about this year's show.
Trusted Contributor

This show is totally boring, NPH is just going through the motions, but given the lame material he has been given, I don't blame him. Unfortunately, his few attempts at ad libbing to spice things up, have fallen flat with shades of Ricky Gervais's poor taste. Too bad, he's actually very talented, but I doubt he'll be asked back, and it won't be his fault.
Honored Contributor

I agree with you lizzief on all you said.

Esteemed Contributor

the whole show is bad...boring....even the fashion is not so hot this year
Honored Contributor

Good grief! I wonder if they get tired of smiling and clapping. We do all realize we are watching a group of people who are so rich it's sick yet tell everyone else how to live, give each other awards for doing next to nothing?

Trusted Contributor

On 2/22/2015 helping said: Whoever's writing the intros and NPH's stuff should never be hired for a show again. Terrible! And the "short" joke? Hasn't that been done during every Oscar show since who-knows-when? Awful. And while I'm on a tear, the stage is so overdone, it's hurting my eyes! Can't say one good thing about this year's show.
I totally agree! It's like he's trying too hard and he's not funny!
Trusted Contributor

On 2/22/2015 stray770 said: the whole show is bad...boring....even the fashion is not so hot this year
Wait until you see Lady GaGa's dress! They said it was stunning. I'll let these ladies decide! Lol
Honored Contributor

He said he watched years and years back of DVD's they gave him to watch. I think he over prepared for this thing (that's one problem).

Every time Meryl Strep is in a movie she get nominated for being in it. No one is that good. I saw a commedien do a funny skit about her being nominated.