Super Contributor

Oscar Night Bullies - What do you think about this article?

If you're interested, this is an article about Kim Novak in particular and the response to how she appeared on Oscar Night.

Here's the Article

Super Contributor

Re: Oscar Night Bullies - What do you think about this article?

There is also a discussion of this on Viewpoints.

Respected Contributor

I don't know how you could actually police free speech, but I'm sorry that she was so hurt by this.

Honored Contributor

She's an old woman and no matter how altered she looks, it would have been nice for people to respect her age and keep their negative thoughts to themselves.

Just a thought

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Super Contributor

I don't think she looks bad at all for her age.

Contributor

Kim Novak was a wonderful actress. She is also in her 80's. I think the disrespect started when she didn't get a standing ovation when she walked on stage at the Oscars.... Didn't bode well for the audience but then again, the majority was a younger audience.

One thing people who are making fun of her fail to understand or remember is that she was in an auto accident many years ago and had to have her face reconstructed. That and her fear of being in public made her go into seclusion. They should remember the wonderful movies she made and what a wonderful talent she was. I just think it is disgusting for anyone to make fun of others who may not have aged well....some day they will be one of those old people. My favorite movie....Bell Book and Candle with Jimmy Stewart.

Trusted Contributor

So true. Some also are quick to stick it to Melanie Griffin and her look. She was attacked by a lion and was badly hurt years ago. Surgery did not do her justice.
Frequent Contributor

Loved her in ""Picnic."" William Holden was such a hottie in that movie.

It is no fun getting old and trying to do the best you can with what you got.

Valued Contributor

As an aside, Kim Novak is an extremely gifted artist. I live in the Youngstown area of Northeast Ohio and we have a museum called the Butler. It houses only American art. From May 4-June 29, Kim's artwork will be on display. On exhibit will be portraits, interiors, and landscapes inspired by spirituality and nature. She is a huge nature and animal lover. I am so very much looking forward to viewing her exhibit. If anyone resides in the area, do go and check it out. docsgirl

Contributor

On 4/19/2014 docsgirl said:

As an aside, Kim Novak is an extremely gifted artist. I live in the Youngstown area of Northeast Ohio and we have a museum called the Butler. It houses only American art. From May 4-June 29, Kim's artwork will be on display. On exhibit will be portraits, interiors, and landscapes inspired by spirituality and nature. She is a huge nature and animal lover. I am so very much looking forward to viewing her exhibit. If anyone resides in the area, do go and check it out. docsgirl

They had a nice article about this in the Columbus Dispatch. I can't attend but you may get lucky.....she is debating actually attending the art show. (I hope the way she is now treated won't make her shun the public) I think she is also donating some proceeds to charity.