Regular Contributor

Orvis Catalog - going "trendy"

I received the OrivsFall Preview catalog and noticed a change in the styles and styling.  When I contacted their customer service, I was told that they are moving to more "trendy" and "modern" looks.  What about those of us who want classic, well made clothing?  I understand that many womem like trendy clothing and that is their preference, but there are many places to shop for those looks and very little classic retailers.  I have more disposeable income since my children have grown and I do not want to wear what my daughter likes; that does not make me "dowdy" or old-fashioned, I just like classic lines.  I shop mostly online becasue I do not live near many stores, so another retailer switching up their look is disappointing to me.

Does anyone remember the line from QVC years ago, that they styled similarly to Coldwater Creek?  Wish they would bring that back.

Just venting...

Honored Contributor

Re: Orvis Catalog - going "trendy"

Uh-oh, my dad gets his clothes from Orvis. I hope they don't leave him behind.

Respected Contributor

Just bought mr henny five shirts from Orvis. Didnt get the woman's catalogue yet.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Companies need to balance their tradtions and moving with the times  or risk loosing their business. Fashions do change.

It is a fine balance that many companies struggle with, I get it, hopefully they will be able to offer you and and newer customers fashions you both like.

Honored Contributor

These are some of the Orvis outfits. Do you think they're trendy?

Honored Contributor

not trendy, looks like "classic" sportwears to me. like Talbots or bean
Respected Contributor

I think this is trendy for Orvis. The cut of the shirts and pants is closer to the body than usual. Styling different too.

If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

Looks better than their usual stuff.  I remember Orvis being more stylish than it has been in recent years.  Hope they're upping their game again.

Honored Contributor

Looks like Denim & Co.
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

Gulp.  Looks a little like what I wear and I do not think I dress trendy.  I dress classic.