Frequent Contributor

Original S&H Not Being Returned

I hope for everyone's sake, qvc posts this on their home page and have the hosts remind people because I totally missed reading this because of the excitement of new rates. The excitement has left.

Honored Contributor

Re: Original S&H Not Being Returned

Yes it starts with orders placed on or after 2/17.

This place will be littered with posts from outraged people who didn't know original shipping would no longer be refunded. This will go on for like the next 3 years.

Gird your loins ;o)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Frequent Contributor

I forgot to add that is the reason I do not shop with shop hq. Decided to order 1 thing one day, a little compact (which was defective) and they did not return my original shipping which was six plus dollars which only cost me 3 to send back. That one time of $10 for nothing was enough for me...

Honored Contributor

Well, they sure 'hid' that little change deeper in the email, that's for sure. I wouldn't be surprised if many people miss that fact.

They are supposedly in 95 million households...well, there aren't 95 million households on these forums where information is shared!!

I usually try not to complain about much...but THAT has me miffed! I will NOT chance any new items with QVC. No more new clothing purchases either..since the measurements are usually off. No trying new beauty items....And I mentioned elsewhere...NO new handbags at those still high shipping rates!

Me too, ditzier..I got skunked once with shopHQ. Didn't know they wouldn't return original shipping...NEVER shopped there again. Gave the item away as a gift to someone who really liked it...but I learned my lesson. I will never shop anywhere that won't return original shipping!

Esteemed Contributor

As I don't return much, I am happy with the new rates. And the items I am watching have not gone up in price, either. Gird your loins, indeed, VaBelle. Nice day here, isn't it? (I live in the Commonwealth, myself).

Cogito ergo sum
Frequent Contributor

I don't return much anymore except "clothing". Now it's really gonna cost ya to try on clothing in your "own home" as they say, $10 if their return labels stay at 6.95.

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 Sweetbay magnolia said:

As I don't return much, I am happy with the new rates. And the items I am watching have not gone up in price, either. Gird your loins, indeed, VaBelle. Nice day here, isn't it? (I live in the Commonwealth, myself).

Indeed! 50s and Sunshine {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

(but snow in the forecast for tomorrow)

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 VaBelle35 said:

Yes it starts with orders placed on or after 2/17.

This place will be littered with posts from outraged people who didn't know original shipping would no longer be refunded. This will go on for like the next 3 years.

Gird your loins ;o)

Yup; some aren't too swift on the uptake.

Honored Contributor

On 2/4/2015 Sweetbay magnolia said:

I don't return much either, so I'm thrilled with the new rates. When I do have to make a return it's usually for a defective item or a Q mistake. The Q will still refund shipping for those reasons.

It's all good.{#emotions_dlg.thumbup}

Super Contributor

I think it's the Q's way of cutting down on returns, because in the past, people have come on here and bragged about how they "rented" an expensive purse, or other stuff.

They bought it, with NO intention of ever keeping it, used it for an event, or whatever, then returned it.

Now, maybe people will think twice before trying to pull a stunt like that.