Honored Contributor

Saw a couple of items on the Old Navy site, thought they were such a pretty color. They call it organdi-never heard of that. 

A quick Google search revealed a Chanel nail polish that is also called organdi. Does not look very similar to the ON items to my eye.

cn19766851.jpg

shopping.jpeg

_Chanel_LeVernis_504_Organdi_swatch.jpg

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Valued Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 

Beautiful color. I wouldn’t have guessed Old Navy for the pants.

Honored Contributor

We called it "shrimp."

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Valued Contributor

Love both the nail color and the clothing color!  But neither look similar in tone or shade.  At any rate, the clothing color is a very difficult shade to find and it is a warm tone pink.  The only shade of pink that looks good on my light warm skin both in clothing and cosmetics and I'm a warm autumn in color analysis and made for us warm toned girls.

Thanks for sharing such lovely colors!   

Honored Contributor

I think the color is very pretty and I especially love the style of the top!  Very nice.

Esteemed Contributor

Organdy (with a y) for me was always a light purple with a tinge of pink. In the lavender family.

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

Organdy (with a y) for me was always a light purple with a tinge of pink. In the lavender family.

I never though of organdy as a color, it is a very fine cotton, usually for little girl dresses.

Honored Contributor

The twist front T-shirt is cute but for the fact that it's slub

Honored Contributor

It's not a color.  It's a fabric..It's  is the sheerest and crispest cotton cloth made.

Esteemed Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

It's not a color.  It's a fabric..It's  is the sheerest and crispest cotton cloth made.

@rms1954 

.Chanel calls that color nail polish Organdi.

So perhaps you are right and I was wrong but still to me it's a color as well as a fabric.Not because Chanel says so but because although I know it's also a fabric the first thing that pops into my mind hearing Organdy is the color.