Esteemed Contributor

Re: Oprah's O magazine shutting down after 20 years

@ALRATIBA wrote:

The only place I look at magazines is waiting for haircut.  I don't think I've ever seen an issue.

I used to go to SuperCuts for a haircut ---- I now found a hair-dresser a few blocks from home. So I don't have to sit and wait --- and she's great.

Esteemed Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@savories wrote:

It's about time.......amazes me how she pontificates about diet and weight loss and gains/loses the same 50 lbs. every new WW program. I wonder how WW keeps her as a spokesperson as she is not the best example of a successful WW dieter.

No great loss.

@savories  

O purchased a massive amount of WW stock several years ago. Thus, she's now the spokesperson. It doesn't matter if WW works for her or not, she in control of the companies stockholders. A lot of photoshopping from time to time and it appears she's lost 50 lbs.(thanks WW and a new campaign advertising program is released). Then, O is able to "gain" her weight back. One would think people would catch on the this, but so far they are falling for the scam and it's working. O is making money as usual. Decades ago, I enjoyed her TV program. Haven't liked/trusted her since she became the Lady O and felt she was like Royalty.

Wonder what Stephen thinks about the changes in his girlfriend? Or, are they still together? That's always been a strange relationship.

You think????

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

Never bought it --- not once.  Don't care for her and did not want to give her any of my money!  She's all over the place as it is.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Honored Contributor

This thread is from last year. Brought up for another Oprah pinata session? Interesting timing.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"