Honored Contributor

Re: Oprah's Favorite Things 2017

If you are purchasing any of these items, please post a review. TY

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Respected Contributor

@Roni18 wrote:

I bought a 3 piece Artis set from HSN last year and absolutely love the foundation brush that was in the kit.  I don't use the smaller two as much but the foundation one is great and my makeup seems to last longer  (I'm not using as much.)  The dupes may be just as good.  

I also tried the Artis 3 price set, but felt they were not worth the expense. The inexpensive Cailyn dupe foundation brush is just as good,  IMO.

Respected Contributor

@nomless wrote:

@Roni18 wrote:

I bought a 3 piece Artis set from HSN last year and absolutely love the foundation brush that was in the kit.  I don't use the smaller two as much but the foundation one is great and my makeup seems to last longer  (I'm not using as much.)  The dupes may be just as good.  

I also tried the Artis 3 price set, but felt they were not worth the expense. The inexpensive Cailyn dupe foundation brush is just as good,  IMO.

It is probably just as good @nomless.   I did notice that Artis had some cheaper brushed called brushcraft out now.   I have heard good things about the Cailyn brushes too.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was thinking about either buying a puzzle or two which I use to have so much fun putting together when I was a kid or the slipper socks for my neighbors three young daughters.

That was a surprise seeing Katz deli on her list which is not too far from where I work in Manhattan, now I want a good pastrami sandwich so I'll have to make a trip over there one of these days but not lunch time it is usually packed.

Honored Contributor

@Chi-town girl I don't know if these were mentioned here (sorry if I missed it) but I bought the Pudus Classics Slipper Socks yesterday.  They look unbelievably soft.  I ordered some as gifts and 1 pair for myself.   (I wanted most of her 105 items)

Pudus.PNG

Trusted Contributor

By the way, I cecked Amazon and they do not receive good ratings. Apparently they fall apart after a while and they are too complicated to put together.

Super Contributor

Sorry don't agree. Sent a message to the magazine (not that she will ever see it) telling her. Down filled anything is an inhumane choice.

I am looking at your favorite things 2017. On page 62 is something that should not be a choice of a favorite thing. It is a gold down filled coat. (500 fill-power duck down for insulation -70% down, 30% feather) No one should think down filled anything is a good thing. Do you know what these birds go through, how their feather are torn from them?  This hunterboot.com company has dozens of down filed items, they should be ashamed. We don't need to be making animals live horrible lives so we can stay warm. They need their feathers so they can stay warm and keep their young warm. Please consider removing this item. Thank you.