Valued Contributor

Re: Opinions on recent Nordstrom experience

On 8/31/2014 winamac1 said:
On 8/31/2014 LexPex said:

I am surprised that Nordies gave you a hard time. They have a very liberal return policy which is one of the reasons that I buy gifts from them.

I have a pair of toddler boots from the sale and if they don't fit my granddaughter when she receives them for her September b'day they will go back.

I don't think you were unreasonable to ask for a credit especially since we are not yet 30 days from the sales end.

It is not quite as liberal as it once was--as I stated above...probably due to abuse.

Exactly! The company has to protect its bottom line. After all, they are in business to make money, not just make people happy!

Honored Contributor

On 8/28/2014 Sooner said:

You bought it at an agreed upon price. If they had raised the price since you bought it, would you think it was fair for you to pay the difference? With marketing now, you don't always get a low price guarantee. And the Anniversary sale was some time ago. . . No, I wouldn't expect a price adjustment.

Totally agree with you, Sooner. Is the OP going to drag it back day after day? At what point will she stop? How cheap! Really!

Esteemed Contributor

Because their customer service is a step above some of their high end/luxury competitors, Nordstrom's has a very reasonable price adjustment and return/exchange policy. In this case I agree with their first response of no adjustment. However, I also understand their position of not wanting to be put in a bad service light over $15.

Nordstrom also realizes that their principal customers who keep them afloat are not the kind who are going to haul merchandise purchased weeks and months ago back into the store for a price adjustment. With that in mind $15 was a small price to pay to make the customer asking for it go away happy.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/2/2014 Trix said:

Because their customer service is a step above some of their high end/luxury competitors, Nordstrom's has a very reasonable price adjustment and return/exchange policy. In this case I agree with their first response of no adjustment. However, I also understand their position of not wanting to be put in a bad service light over $15.

Nordstrom also realizes that their principal customers who keep them afloat are not the kind who are going to haul merchandise purchased weeks and months ago back into the store for a price adjustment. With that in mind $15 was a small price to pay to make the customer asking for it go away happy.

I agree with this comment. Wasn't the anniversary sale like two months ago.