Honored Contributor

Re: Opinions on finding jeans that fit right

@AussieLuvr wrote:

I'm kind of "straight" up and down in my waist and hips. My waist is 38" and hips are 39 1/2". I don't have a bulging belly; I'm just thick in the waist.

If I buy to fit my hips, the waist will be too small. If I buy to fit my waist, the hips and legs are huge on me. 

I try to stick to mid-rise or low rise, but these days high rise seems to be the trend. 

To add to my finicky preferences, I don't like any more stretchiness than 98% cotton denim and 2% elastane; otherwise, everything is droopy and baggy after wearing for only an hour or so. I also prefer straight-leg jeans that are ankle length or full length.

If you have this same issue or preferences, can you recommend any jeans that work well for you?

Maybe I need more coffee, @AussieLuvr, but wouldn't your hip to waist measurement give you the opposite problem?

More important: I am so sorry for you medical complications.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Super Contributor

@suzyQ3 I realized that after I typed it. Smiley Very Happy 

And thank you for your consideration.

Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr wrote:

@wagirl I can't go to the store to try them on. I had back surgery a few months ago and when I got home from 17 days in hospital and rehab I fell and broke my pelvis, and I'm still recuperating. I also have muscular dystrophy and can't get up from the little benches in fitting rooms.

@AussieLuvr 

Oh my g-d you poor thing!!

Check out the different brands Nordstrom has to offer. The S & H is free!

Esteemed Contributor

@AussieLuvr  You have been given some good suggestions.  My suggestion would be to find the best fit for your hips and spend a few extra dollars having the waist tailored. The tailored fit will help you love the jeans.   

Valued Contributor

I don't have ANY hips, and NO butt at all - In addition, I carry all of my weight in my tummy...

I've found that Diane Gilman's Jeans work for me, AND her "Tall" sizes are perfect for my 5' 9" frame. Heart

Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr wrote:

@wagirl I can't go to the store to try them on. I had back surgery a few months ago and when I got home from 17 days in hospital and rehab I fell and broke my pelvis, and I'm still recuperating. I also have muscular dystrophy and can't get up from the little benches in fitting rooms.

@AussieLuvr Check out measurements at Talbots.  Their jeans are great and they have a good range of sizes.