Honored Contributor

Re: Opinions on finding jeans that fit right

take yoursef into a store and physically try them on!!!!!

Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr ...My waist and hips are different sizes...most things are to big in the waist...I am between a 10 and 12.  A lot of my pants have to be altered, including jeans.

I prefer very little stretch in my clothes, but it's hard to find all cotton jeans.

Super Contributor

@AussieLuvr I know you said no stretchiness, but consider trying Laurie Felt Silky Denim.  I have a similar size problem, my waist has met my bust and hips it seems.  Her silky denim feel soft, like denim and most importantly, don't stretch out or bag.  All you need to find your size is consider your hip, choose 1 size smaller, shimmy into them, and they conform to your body.  It's what I consider a miracle in jeans.  Hope this helps.

Super Contributor

@wagirl I can't go to the store to try them on. I had back surgery a few months ago and when I got home from 17 days in hospital and rehab I fell and broke my pelvis, and I'm still recuperating. I also have muscular dystrophy and can't get up from the little benches in fitting rooms.

Super Contributor

@Dragonfly416 I'll check them out; thanks!

Super Contributor

Thanks! I do remember buying men's jeans years ago and I'll give it another go.

Up until about two years ago, Denim and Co made the How Slimming jeans that fit me perfectly. Then they stopped making them. I would look for them on eBay after that and find them once in a whille. I still look but most people don't remember they were called How Slimming when they list them so I have to go by the pics and the fabric content.

I even asked Gary if they would bring them back and he answered me and said no.

So I know that every once in a while, jeans come along that work! Smiley Happy 

Super Contributor

@kaydee50 I never thought about HSN: I'll give it a look!

I've found some on Old Navy that work but their sizes run big, so I end up doing a lot of returns to find the right size. Same with Lands End, LL Bean, etc. etc.

Honored Contributor

Go to Nordstrom and try on jeans.  They have tons of them.  And they don't have to be expensive premium jeans (though they will fit you )  Lots of jeans are on sale right now.  

Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr ---you poor thing!! I am very sorry for all your issues--of course you can't go in---I have to say I was kind of angry at the time I posted, as I had just ordered the so called RIGHT sized jeans/ pants from 3 different stores online and ended up sending them back!!! I haven't been in a mall in over a year so should have followed my own advice--hopefully you are healing well. 

PS--I did finally find crop jeans from macy's online that were on sale and they fit very well, as well as Lee capri jeans from Amazon too---mission accomplished

Honored Contributor

@AussieLuvr 💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜💜

🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹🌹

Best wishes