Honored Contributor

Opinions On Boot Cut Jeans

[ Edited ]

HSN is having a TS on DG2 jeans, bootcut and skinny leg jeans. I use to wear bootcut but haven't in a long time, I wear straight leg jeans. I know bootcut jeans are flattering, I wonder if I should buy a pair? Does anyone like and wear bootcut jeans?

Honored Contributor

Re: Opinions On Boot Cut Jeans

I wear bootcut and love them.  I also wear flare and straight leg.  Only thing I don't wear are skinnies and jeggings.

I say order them as you always have the option of returning them.

Respected Contributor

My opinion only @Jordan2  because everyone has their own.

I have one pair and only wear them with a little bit of a heel or my boots.
I hate the way boot cuts look with flats. Sneakers don't look right with them to me either.

You have to watch out because somet brands are too flare and stick out funny.
My one pair are NYDJ.  I also tried their mini boot cut and they  had a peculiar flare. I sent them right back.

Honored Contributor

I do, and I like them..

BUT ….Not all boot cuts are “created equal.” Overall leg shape matters, not just leg opening.

Honored Contributor

I love my boot cut jeans.  But they may be the most particular to get "right" for me to buy them. 

The overall leg shape, as another poster stated, is important.  Not loose in the leg, but not legging-tight either.  The inseam for me must be at least 31 & 1/2", or preferably 32" long for Regular.  I don't like wearing boot cut jeans with flats or sneakers.  On me, that look is just dorky and unattractive.  They are boot cut for a reason.  I love them with a bit of a heel, so they bend just a bit over the shoe. It makes the whole leg look leaner.

I remember watching Carolyn Gracie sell the NYDJ TSV spanspring boot cut jeans with a 29" inseam for Regular.  She said she kept asking for that length "because no one wears heels anymore."  Perhaps for straight legs or skinny jeans, but she couldn't be more wrong about boot cuts.  The low reviews mentioned several times how short they were (among other disappointing things).  

Trusted Contributor

@Jordan2 @I can only consider a very small bootcut but most are too flared for my taste. Also, being petite, my legs are on the short side even for a petite and I feel that most bootcuts make short kegs look stumpy.

but I also think bootcuts are good for slenderizing full hips.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Jordan2 I am a "jeans girl" so I have jeans with all shape legs, skinny, straight, ankle, boyfriend and a couple bootcut. I wear skinny, ankle and boyfriend the most lately.

However, I do love a nice, flattering bootcut for actual boots...especially with cowboy boots. The last pair I bought, cute style, slight boot cut, like I like it (no flare at all please, just gradual, subtley released bootcut, enough to fit over a boot), were from Express. They were cute, good fitting & reasonably priced.

I bought the DG2's today, in skinny. I felt her bootcuts looked too flared out to me, more like a bell. I might be wrong, were I to see them on, but that's the way they look online and on tv to me.

Trusted Contributor

All I wear is bootcut because they're the most flattering on my body.  I'm watching the presentation right now and I'm tempted to buy, but that very long rise would come up to my chest and I don't need the larger waist as these are advertised to have.  I also don't like the way the material bunches up in small gathers, probably because the material is either too thin and/or too stretchy.

Gee, I think I just answered my own question...

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Respected Contributor

Everyone is different.  I bought the boot cut in Indigo and Chambray.  I am older and the shape of my legs lead me to avoid skinny jeans. I am short. My thighs have gotten slimmer over time, but I still have cantelope knees. Better to camouflage rather than follow the line of my legs.

Respected Contributor

@Deree wrote:

All I wear is bootcut because they're the most flattering on my body.  I'm watching the presentation right now and I'm tempted to buy, but that very long rise would come up to my chest and I don't need the larger waist as these are advertised to have.  I also don't like the way the material bunches up in small gathers, probably because the material is either too thin and/or too stretchy.

Gee, I think I just answered my own question...

@Deree I noticed all those things too. But...Rakuten had a discount, and HSN had free shipping...I thought I'd try them. I only tried DG2 for the first time last year, pull-on jeggings, and was pleased. These are different style & type denim, I know. I sized down to my lower end size, which wouldn't fit these days in other brands, but given the roomier waist and rise measurements, and how much stretch they appear to have, that's what I tried. My higher size would have been too large in the waste on her jeans, as I can see they are a size up from normal B & M sizing.

I do hate to try pants online and for the most part have "sworn off" doing so. But now and again, like today I get tempted and go for it. All my usual skinnies are tight since the Covid 15, sigh...so while I'm trying to lose I thought these might work. We'll see! 🤞