Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Opinion on this topper please.

[ Edited ]

EILEEN FISHER Organic Cotton Kimono Jacket, Alternate, color, DENIM

Organic Cotton Kimono Jacket in Denim

I was in the mall for the first time in ages today because my husband had to go to the apple store. The chicos and Talbots were  closed and replaced with something else. So, I walked around Nordstroms while he was in apple. I came across this Eileen Fisher organic denim kimono "denim" topper and really liked it. They didn't have petites and it was expensive. 

Well, I kept thinking about the topper and when I went home I looked it up online and it is half price on Nordstrom.com. I thought that this would make a great topper for the Isaac cappachino crop and pima tee that I ordered today.

Anyone else like this easy look? EF is very expensive and I only have two peices of hers, but I love them they are so well made. I would love to add a few classic peices of hers to make a few timeless outfits. Opinions? I have not orered yet. It is a considered purchase for me, but considering the 10 tops and 3 pants I just donated last week I see that quality needs to be on my must have list.

Respected Contributor

Re: Opinion on this topper please.

Any better than the inorganic cotton model? Sorry, I vcouldn't resist. 

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover.  Your picture is so dark, I can't see detail but it seems to resemble this Isaac jacket I received last week.  This jacket is heavier than it looks...very substantial.

Screenshot_20190303-153940.jpg

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

You would be able to wear this  for many yeats.  It is lovely.  Good luck with your decision.  I would go for it.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

No-one can tell you what your style is. You're the only one who can decide if it's right for you. 

The only thing I would suggest, though, is that you try it on and see if you feel comfortable -- like yourself -- in it.  Otherwise, you probably won't wear it.  And, I would also make sure it goes with more than just one thing you own. If it were me, I'd like versatility in the piece, as it's not an exceptionally unusual or expensive jacket that it would be worth buying for just one outfit. 

Respected Contributor

Nordstrom has free s&h both ways so order it. You have nothing to lose. Eileen Fisher’s clothes are made very well.

Honored Contributor

@Squirrel Lover 

I would buy the EF jacket. Great price and very versatile.

Nordstrom Rack had some EF pieces also.

Trusted Contributor

@Squirrel Lover...I love it, I think it's a great classic look!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

@Squirrel Lover.  Your picture is so dark, I can't see detail but it seems to resemble this Isaac jacket I received last week.  This jacket is heavier than it looks...very substantial.

Screenshot_20190303-153940.jpg

Not the same, this jacket is more of a safari style.  The OP's jacket is not structured.

Esteemed Contributor

I like it. 😊

Great brand, and although it can be expensive, it's quality.  Sounds like you found a good deal, though.