Honored Contributor

Re: Opinion on these two strikingly beautiful pieces.

[ Edited ]

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@crawford5153 

the first piece looks familiar to me too @Azcowgirl 

I like it alot but not so much the second one. The placement of the lace kind of ruins it for me.(and I like lace)

@Andreatoo 

I think the lace is a separate blouse.  And if I'm right....I would love to own that blouse!

@Lucky Charm  - I also thought the lace was part of the jacket, but now I see that it is a separate blouse. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Opinion on these two strikingly beautiful pieces from Soft Surroundings.

@crawford5153  I love them, but sadly, have no place to wear them.  If you purchase, enjoy.  Perfect for the holidays, but maybe save for next year.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

I think they are gorgeous, but I wouldn't have had anywhere to wear them pre pandemic and now I sure wouldn't. They are beautiful though. 

Esteemed Contributor

@crawford5153 wrote:

Wow glad to hear that you have it and the blouse and that it is nice. What type of bottom did you wear with the coat?  

Your husband sure has a great choice in fashions and what looks nice.

I wore it w/ dark jeans, but not with knee high boots over the top of jeans and the ruffle blouse shown w/ the coat. I wore w/ suede booties. Also wore it w/ a long knit black skirt (linea, whisper knit), black v neck sweater ( linea, whisper knit) and black boots. Also wore it w/ black, slim wool slacks w/ an ivory wrap sweater. Again, w/ black booties.

Kept the jewelry simple and in silver.

"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

WOW is all I can say. 

Spoiler

Just trying to visualize how pretty it must have looked on you and I was also thinking a long black skirt and also would be an elegant look. Like I said your husband has great taste and I bet you were happy when he said to buy that. Heart

Anything as far as fashions you are getting for Christmas this year?

Super Contributor

Much too much of too much for me. I prefer my tuxedo jacket and jazzed up with multiple brooches, even on the cuffs, when I want an over-the-top look. I think this would be a one-wear pony, unless one had the lifestyle of multiple fancy occasions with different groups, otherwise it would be, " Oh no, here she comes in THAT getup again!"

Honored Contributor

I like the long version quite a lot. While the short version is pretty, for me, there's just too much going on for a shorter length garment.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@PodyPo wrote:

Much too much of too much for me. I prefer my tuxedo jacket and jazzed up with multiple brooches, even on the cuffs, when I want an over-the-top look. I think this would be a one-wear pony, unless one had the lifestyle of multiple fancy occasions with different groups, otherwise it would be, " Oh no, here she comes in THAT getup again!"

@PodyPo 

I get exactly what you're saying but I think the "rules" for outerwear is a little different then I'd say for a very novel blouse or pair of pants

Respected Contributor

I am mad about the long duster!  Would love to own it but I live in Florida!  If I was in a slightly colder climate, no hesitation necessary!  Beautiful!

Respected Contributor

Sorry, but I don't like either one.