Respected Contributor

I wish they'd show their clothing items on models.  It's hard to picture what things would look like on & what the fit is like when they're photographed just hanging or laying on something.

Esteemed Contributor

I had a very similar cardigan from Antthony I bought on HSN years ago.  I don't know what possessed me to buy it as I never wore it once.  I recently put it in a donation bag.

Respected Contributor

It's lovely. It's very feminine, appearing of an earlier time, like something from a vintage shop.  

Would love to have the natural color, but I doubt I'd wear it often enough to consider purchasing. You couldn't just throw it on over anything. 

Coldwater Creek has some unique items. You don't see yourself coming and going.

I have a jean jacket from there that has people stopping me everywhere I go asking where I got it. I've never seen one even remotely close to it.  It's beautiful.

Honored Contributor

Re: Openwork Cardigan

[ Edited ]

That style cardigan is really easy to make.  Over the years, I've made both knit and crochet versions.   

Basically - it's a knitted or crocheted flat circular piece.  There are "slits" left on either side of the circle and sleeves added later.

Leave off the sleeves and use a colorful variegated yarn - you can make yourself a really "jazzy" vest.

----------------------------

For knitters and crocheters .... 

Garnstudio dot com is one of the many websites where you can find patterns for circular cardigans.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@RooRoo 

It does and it's made the same way - large open-work circle.  

-------------------------------------

@RooRoo wrote:

It reminds me of a big doily.  Smiley Wink

Esteemed Contributor

Love that cardigan. It looks good in dark or light, and is something I would wear. 

"The more I learn about people, the more I like my dog."

Mark Twain
Valued Contributor

I have been debating whether to get this lovely sweater or not.  It's pricey, but so gorgeous!

Honored Contributor

Love both.  

The second one is a very unique color, which I love.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor
It's very pretty. I really like the shawl collar and the details in the back. Alas, open front, cascading sweaters are on my do not buy list. And of course, I have seen many of them in pretty colors I like. But I am really trying to keep to my resolution to buy fewer items now that I am retired.
"What we practice daily is what we build a life on. Practice peace, love & kindness."
Honored Contributor

I really like the second one in that color.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."