Esteemed Contributor

OK, I'm old.  Help me understand this trend.  If you wear boots in the fall and winter to keep your feet warm, then why wear boots with open toes?   Why have your naked toes hanging out when it's chilly?  This doesn't make sense to me.

My next question will be:  Why buy jeans with rips in them?  Stay tuned.

Please be kind, ladies.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Valued Contributor

Perhpa some southerners can explain how they use open-toed boots.  I must admit that I've never understood how someone in a cold climate could wear them except for a small window at the end of summer.  They're cute but for me not useful.  Outerwear with sleeves that aren't fully long is another odd offering that's impractical.

Esteemed Contributor

I take these to be an indoor fashion statement.

Anyway, they are not in my wardrobe.

As far as the ripped jeans...what's that look supposed to do? Make them look like they've been out in the field working? You got me on this one!

Honored Contributor

Re: Open-toed boots

[ Edited ]

Like these? I think these are cute but not practical for me in the Colorado cold weather. I prefer complete coverage, indoors and outside. Woman Happy

born-blane-leather-peep-toe-shootie-d-20170825122702627-565633_alt1.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

I don't know what there is to like about them and I live in Arizona where we could wear them. I don't think I've seen anyone wear them here.

Respected Contributor

Here in CO in the Fall and Winter you would not be able to wear open toed boots or your feet would freeze! I don't think they are even cute to me they look like the cobbler ran out of material to finish the boot. LOL Now of course there are people that love them and nothing wrong with that as we all like different things and I suppose if you live in where it doesn't get cold or snowy they would work out. I also don't care for pants that have holes in them or are threadbare in places that are about to turn into holes. I prefer to wear my own holes in my pants and then of course I wouldn't wear them like that. We use to put colored fabric or patterned fabric as patches on our holes in jeans when I was a teenager. But as I said before some people love that look and will buy them. It would be a boring world if we all wore and liked the same things.

Honored Contributor

Simple

2 words

Fashion Statement

Since when do what we wear have to be entirely practical?

Esteemed Contributor

My teen daughter wears them with a skirt to work, just like any shoe or heel.

We live in the south, seldom need boots for warmth or the weather.  We wear boots for fashion.

Trusted Contributor

It is always about money. Selling stuff. The self appointed gurus of the fashion industry deciding what is "trending". BTW, those boots can be worn by those with issues with their toes.

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee~ Yes, those are exactly the boots I saw on HSN this morning.  Thanks.

I agree we're all different and like different clothing styles - and thank goodness for that!  I live in the land of ice and snow and my toes get cold.  When I see "winter" boots with toes and heels cut out, it makes me go:  "Huh????"   I'll probably see ladies wearing these.  Good grief, there are people running around in flipflops in the winter around here.  Lots of guys in big puffer jackets, shorts, and flipflops.  Just makes me wonder................

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt