Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Re: Open-toed boots

[ Edited ]

I'm with you on the open-toed boots. They're not practical, and IMHO, look silly. Kind of like a sleeveless turtleneck. I don't get it.

Respected Contributor

Anyone who experiences extreme cold--not to mention ice and snow--is not a candidate for this type of boot.

Honored Contributor

Re: Open-toed boots

[ Edited ]

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

I don't know how old you are, OP, but I don't really see women in their 70's and up wearing these... although, good for you if you can and do!

I love the style and can wear them at least half the year where I live.

Age has very little to do with my comfort.  Do what you like and I will do likewise, do what is comfortable for me. 

I hope that women, any age, will be able to wear what they like as long as it is comfortable and becoming.  As far as my response to SaRina being snarky, it was not.  The disparaging comment about age was snarky.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, everyone!  I appreciate reading everybody's views - great thoughts!  Maybe it's one of those styles that after a year or two, I'll be on board with it and I'll buy some boots with open toes.  Or not.  I realize that sometimes it's more important to be fashionable than to show common sense.  For now, I'll be my ol' practical (if un-fun) self and buy boots with toes. 

And jeans without rips.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo

I bought these last year from Sundance.  I see them as good "transitional" shoes, when it looks silly to be wearing sandals or boots with an outfit.  I can probably start wearing them in March, depending on the weather.

Image result for trianon sandals

I will wear them with items like these jeans, when I want to extend the wearing of something but don't want to wear white footwear.

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono

You might consider a weekend gig opening your home to tours of your shoe closet where we could drool all over them! 😁

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@lolakimono

You might consider a weekend gig opening your home to tours of your shoe closet where we could drool all over them! 😁

@magicmoodz

My SIL gave me a "recovery" gift card to DSW, so that I could get some new shoes for the new school year.  Cat LOL  I got a pair of Pumas to replace the pair that died.

And then on another site, I found a different pair for myself, a pair of "appendix" boots.  Cat Happy

Contributor

I wear mine with my cold shoulder sweaters.  lol   -  NOT!

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@lolakimono

@magicmoodz

My SIL gave me a "recovery" gift card to DSW, so that I could get some new shoes for the new school year.  Cat LOL  I got a pair of Pumas to replace the pair that died.

And then on another site, I found a different pair for myself, a pair of "appendix" boots.  Cat Happy

@lolakimono

I giggled when you said your SIL gave you a gift card so you could get a new pair of shoes for the school year.  It reminds me of when we were kids and would get a new (as in 1) pair of shoes to start the school year.  Has she seen your shoe room or is she a lover too and knows what makes you happy? 

And of course you needed new shoes after an appendectomy!  Or after you stub your toe or break a nail, etc.  It soothes the soul!😊

Hope you are recovered and have transitioned into the new school year!

Honored Contributor

I live in Ohio and I wear open-toed boots and shooties.  Those aren't meant to keep you warm, they are meant for fashion.

I often wear them in the winter with tights though.  I personally don't do open-toes in the dead of winter.

Obviously, they also wouldn't be something I'd wear in snow, sleet or slush.