Honored Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

I don't know how old you are, OP, but I don't really see women in their 70's and up wearing these... although, good for you if you can and do!

I love the style and can wear them at least half the year where I live.

Age has very little to do with my comfort.  Do what you like and I will do likewise, do what is comfortable for me. 

Trusted Contributor

I will never understand open toed boots / booties.

That said, my 50 something co-worker wears them and looks very stylish.

She also looks stylish in those other items that many of us would never go near, such as the extreme high /low tops; the ones that are practically a tuxedo tail in the back.

Respected Contributor

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

I don't know how old you are, OP, but I don't really see women in their 70's and up wearing these... although, good for you if you can and do!

Age has very little to do with my comfort.  Do what you like and I will do likewise, do what is comfortable for me. 

I don't know the reason for your snarky response to me and your response doesn't even make sense, at that, in the context of my post. I was posting to the OP's statement, "Ok, I'm old."

Respected Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

@NameAlreadyTaken wrote:

@SaRina wrote:

I don't know the reason for your snarky response to me and your response doesn't even make sense, at that, in the context of my post. I was posting to the OP's statement, "Ok, I'm old."

@SaRina I didn't understand the response to you either. 🤔 In fact I even saw you as being supportive to the OP at the end of your first paragraph..."although, good for you if you can and do!" I found nothing in your post to deserve the response you received above.

Respected Contributor

tototwo: A very sweet comment. My issue with open toe boots, you need to have a presentable pedicure. Ugh! Sandals are enough for me to want a nice pedicure. But, not these bootsSmiley Sad(((

Frequent Contributor

@ahoymate wrote:

tototwo: A very sweet comment. My issue with open toe boots, you need to have a presentable pedicure. Ugh! Sandals are enough for me to want a nice pedicure. But, not these bootsSmiley Sad(((

I'm with you, @ahoymate! In addition to the cold weather where I live, it's nice not to have to worry about a pedicure when the cold weather arrives and I can wear closed-toe shoes. I like to get that nail polish off for a bit so my nails can breathe. 

Esteemed Contributor

Time for you to weigh in @Bird mama!

Honored Contributor

Re: Open-toed boots

[ Edited ]

You can't get hung up on the word "boot".

Open toed/heeled "boots" aren't meant for trudging around in inclement weather.

But then,neither are many closed toe/heel boots that are in materials not meant for that, either.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

I was not a fan at first, but they have since grown on me.  I bought the Earth open toe booties, A286799, and have worn them several times with dresses to work.  

I just ordered a pair in black to wear with crops for spring/fall.  

Honored Contributor

@tototwo,  I have not seen open toe boots except for QVC and probably the other shopping networks.  The ripped jeans well it is rather silly that people are paying big money for this look.  A trend geared toward a younger market.  No interest in either look.  Cat Happy

kindness is strength