Honored Contributor

Well, here we go again...lol   No one wears peep toe booties for warmth...lol  No one wears them in the winter either.  It's fashion, a style and since women are not dumb, they wear them when them in appropriate weather.  Which in some parts of the country could very well be year round.  The same with ripped, torn, distressed jeans.  It's just fashion.  Women today have fun with fashion.  Ripped jeans aren't for me but I would definitely do a cool peep toe bootie, I love the look.  Maybe next year.   

Honored Contributor

I live in the south and am too cold natured to wear open toed anything!  I do wear that type of item as a transitional shoe.

I am wearing this Dansko right now.

Image result for limited edition dansko

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

I live in the south and am too cold natured to wear open toed anything!  I do wear that type of item as a transitional shoe.

I am wearing this Dansko right now.

Image result for limited edition dansko

I love that, I wouldn't be able to walk in it but I love the look.

Honored Contributor

Re: Open-toed boots

[ Edited ]

I'm a resident of the great state of Michigan Woman Very Happy  

I wear, what I call shabooties.  They cover most of the foot and are like a combination sandal/bootie.

Here are some examples:

Image result for lucky brand terrie

Image result for camuto binks

Image result for lucky barimo

Short of the last pair that I posted, I tend to go for this style because it allows me to feel stable and walk confidently in a higher heel.

Because I get cold easily and if my feet get cold, it's over, lol, I wear this style in late spring, all summer and into fall until it gets chilly.

Now, the second pair (Camuto Binks) will probably get more wear in the fall because the toe is closed and it's more like a modified sling back.  I can get away with tights or socks (I tend to wear slacks/pants) and get more wear out of them.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

It's part of the cut-out look -- holes in the toes, holes in the knees, holes in the shoulders, holes at the midriff, the back, the neck.... Some designers, I guess, have holes in the head.

Respected Contributor

I don't like the look of open-toed boots, I think it looks rather like a horse's hoof. I have a low tolerance for clothes that are torn, stained and artificially aged. Those styles are for others.

Trusted Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I'm a resident of the great state of Michigan Woman Very Happy  

I wear, what I call shabooties.  They cover most of the foot and are like a combination sandal/bootie.

Here are some examples:

Image result for lucky brand terrie

Image result for camuto binks

Image result for lucky barimo

Short of the last pair that I posted, I tend to go for this style because it allows me to feel stable and walk confidently in a higher heel.

Because I get cold easily and if my feet get cold, it's over, lol, I wear this style in late spring, all summer and into fall until it gets chilly.

Now, the second pair (Camuto Binks) will probably get more wear in the fall because the toe is closed and it's more like a modified sling back.  I can get away with tights or socks (I tend to wear slacks/pants) and get more wear out of them.

@Bird mama, Thought of you as I read this thread

Honored Contributor

Re: Open-toed boots

[ Edited ]

@Deanie wrote:

It is always about money. Selling stuff. The self appointed gurus of the fashion industry deciding what is "trending". BTW, those boots can be worn by those with issues with their toes.

For the boots, it's comfort.  If you have one foot that is a 9 and the other somewhere between a 7-1/2 and 8, and your budget does not allow buying 2 pairs of shoes at one time plus the feet swell and contract, and some of us who were poor growing up have bunions from ill-fitting shoes and corns from wearing them as an adult, toes and bottom of foot with calluses.  I have a horrible time and used to cry in private when forced to wear closed shoes.  

I don't like my toes or heel constrained.  I think that is why, in Biblical times, everyone wore sandals.  There is a thing called "pantyhose" for colder climates and trust me, they are extremely warm.  My husband was in the military and when he served in Upstate NY and Alaska, he wore pantyhose under his military clothes.  When all the other guys saw him, they laughed but once they tried them, they thanked him.  

About the torn-up jeans:  Not a clue why that is fashionable.  

Respected Contributor

I don't know how old you are, OP, but I don't really see women in their 70's and up wearing these... although, good for you if you can and do!

I love the style and can wear them at least half the year where I live.

Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

OK, I'm old.  Help me understand this trend.  If you wear boots in the fall and winter to keep your feet warm, then why wear boots with open toes?   Why have your naked toes hanging out when it's chilly?  This doesn't make sense to me.

My next question will be:  Why buy jeans with rips in them?  Stay tuned.

Please be kind, ladies.

@tototwo . I feel the same way about them.  It's the same as a cold shoulder sweater....doesn't make any sense to me but then fashion often doesn't have to make any sense...I won't be buying these.