Occasional Contributor

Open front sweaters

[ Edited ]

I do not like all my open front sweaters to move so much,  I got this funky GIANT safety pin costume jewelery piece at a museum shop in London, and I use it, usually at an angle, to fasten those sweaters.  I loved the look and odered more on Amazon.  I still wish closures were common, but this is a good, cheap, stylish solution.  Sell them, QVC?

Respected Contributor

@wertz What a good idea! I had one of those on a skirt back in the day. I kept it for years, but I fear I donated it during our last purge. That's what happens when I try to thin out the herd. I instantly have a need for the donated item.

Honored Contributor

Yup.....Amazon has MANY varieties to choose from.....these are just a few....

4 Pieces Women Brooch Pins Sweater Shawl Clips Faux Crystal and Pearl Brooches, 2 Styles Gold, Silver

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Valued Contributor

Why not buy sweaters with buttons?

Honored Contributor

I bought a bunch of sweater chains from Amazon.  

Most of my open front sweaters don't have any buttons- that's how I prefer them.  I like the look of the chains.

Honored Contributor

@On It   I also STILL have my giant kilt pin too. This is a great idea to use a pin like this on all those flapping in the breeze long sweathers I have too.

Gold star to you for your Monday FAB IDEA!!!!

Honored Contributor

You're funny!!!!  @D Kay  There are tons of beautiful longer sweaters out there that many of us love and decide to buy despite no closures on them. I have. It's hard to find sweaters anymore that actually have a closure of some sort.

It's sad that designers won't or just don't put closures on their offerings. Yes, it's almost a why bother to buy but we still would like to have many of them and so we go for them.

Esteemed Contributor

I buy only open front sweaters. I don't like buttons at all and only an occasional zipper.

Respected Contributor

Dkay,  those sweaters don't seem to exist anymore.