Honored Contributor

Re: Ooooh! Lovin' A Zip Front Bathrobe!

I have a Miss Elaine zip front robe. I bought it as well as a button front nylon Miss Elaine from Dillard’s.

I bought the zip front in July at 65% off at Dillard’s.

Honored Contributor

I have always liked the zip front the best. I like a long zip that you can step into

Respected Contributor

I totally agree that zip up robes are better than wrap robes. I hate fiddling with clothes and ended up giving every wrap robe I ever had away. Fiddle fiddle fiddle ...

I did have a nice zip robe, liked it, just got tired of the color and finally gave that away too. Never did get another one...

These days I wear these sleep cardigans I get at Eddie Bauer. Relaxed fit and super cozy. I have them in different styles and colors. Sweater girl at heart I guess ... but if I was going to buy another robe, it would be a ZIP front for sure.

I think a lot of women like wrap robes because they are more stylish of the two, but robes should be all about comfort and coziness... (oh, and no fiddling!) 

-Texas Hill Country-
Honored Contributor

the snap one i have on for now, works best with my broken arm. but i still have my zip one.  that's warmer too.  i also like knee length best.

Honored Contributor

A chenille to the ankle button up.  I leave the bottom half buttoned and step in and out of it.

BE THE PERSON YOUR DOG THINKS YOU ARE! (unknown)
Honored Contributor

I like the look of a wrap robe much better,  but a zip robe is more comfortable. I finally decided l don't need to be a fashionista when lounging around the house. I no longer worry about looking like l'm wearing an old-fashioned "housecoat." Lol. I have a couple of Stan Hermans.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

I've had zip-ups and button-ups and everything in between, but really prefer the wrap.  I've had the same oversized chenille Stan Herman wrap robe for years.  Love it!  I wear a size XS, but my robe is a Large and I can wrap it around me twice almost.   I don't care what I look like in it.   Like @handygal2 said, I'm not interested in being a fashionista in my own house.  Hubby gave it to me and I specifically asked for a large one so it doubles as an afghan and a robe.  It covers my feet when I'm snuggled in my recliner.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Respected Contributor

I wear them because it hides the drooping chest area better than a tie one.  More discreet if family is staying over.  ☺️

Respected Contributor

@speedy girl wrote:

@ECBG 

May I ask where you found your robe? That is exactly what I am looking for!! 

Belk dot com.  They have coupons often.  No need to pay full price for Miss Elaine. 

Respected Contributor

The only type of robe I wear is the zip type. Shorter with short sleeves in the warm months and long with long sleeves in the winter. I often wear nothing underneath (TMI I know) so this avoids any "oops" moments I would otherwise get with a wrap robe.