Re: One thing led to another...

@MacDUFF 

Love that popover!  I am a fool for white shirts.....😊😊😊😊

It looks marvelous on you too!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF   Each outfit is fantastic!!  Thank you for sharing.

Honored Contributor

All excellent styling!

As a matter of fact, I have the same color blue blouse that doesn't fit 'just right'..........It's been in my closet for years.

I'm going to 'copy you' and wear it under similar sweaters/tops/etc.

Thanks for the idea!

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Regular Contributor

Your style is always great .

Trusted Contributor

Off topic, love that bracelet. Is that a qvc item?
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MacDUFF wrote:

I went to Chicos the other day and bought this no-iron popover white blouse on sale...do I need another white blouse?  Of course not, but I justified it "A woman can't have too many white blouses!"  I think it's a really flattering fit on me (she bragged)...

20201106_145342.jpg

As I was checking out, I spied a rack of "go backs" and saw this greige/black beaded poncho.  I've been looking for one that would take me through the transitional seasons.  I hesitated cuz I'm sick, bored, and disgusted with trying to find one that I like...I'm picky.  Do you have any idea how many ponchos I've tried in the past few weeks!?  I'd be embarrassed to tell you hahaha. 

So in my best defeatist voice, I said "why even bother trying it on?  I'm half-way thru the check out process for pete's sake!"  But who was I kidding?  So, I tried it on and, wouldn't you know it, I loved it. 

I like that it has sleeves and is more slimming than a ruana (blanket thrown over your shoulders for all intents and purposes).  Black G jeggings and black Eileen Fisher cotton gauze button front blouse...

20201106_150609.jpg

20201106_224958.jpg

Perfect for warmer transitional weather...change to my black cashmere turtleneck for cooler transitional weather = no brainer.  The front panels are wider than the dreaded open front cardigan which means minimal fussing with panels flapping around and falling to the side.

When I returned home, this blouse was on my porch.  I've been looking for a denim blouse for ages.  I don't even like denim blouses!  But felt I needed one to wear under sweaters and jackets. 

I came across this NYDJ (sale, Nordy dotcom) and thought "why not...it's denim friendly if nothing else."  I loved the color (azure sky), but didn't love the blouse...I can't pop the colla and the fit isn't great.  

20201106_142915.jpg

I was about to package it up for return when I remembered that I didn't need it to wear as a blouse, but as an underpinning for sweaters and jackets...hmmmmm what about ponchos?...

20201106_143907.jpg

This is the way the poncho is styled on Chico's website (with denim blouse).  The blouse also goes with my Tory Burch tie-dye sweatshirt.

20201108_120705_2.jpg

Ever since my Epic Year-Long Closet Purge, the curating part of the process gets easier and easier.  IOW, because items in my closet are now more curated (as opposed to a mash-up! hahaha), it's easier to find and choose pieces that go with or blend into my whole wardrobe.  One new piece leads to another old piece that leads to another piece.

@MacDUFF   I love each and every way you have styled your finds.  You have superb taste and I love each one.  You are tall and have such a great body that you can wear almost anything.  I am extremely jealous of you and everyone who is over 5-4.  ;-)

MacDuff, I have that same Chico's white popover and I bought two in the summer (don't know why they were having such a sale but got two button-down shirts in no-iron for $22 each).  I wish I had bought more but did not have them in my size.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I got a few ideas from your comments...thank you!.

@queendiva  Agree...it looks more like a topper than a poncho (Chico's called it a poncho).  It's the sleeves that probably make it hard to categorize.  I think you're right about the blouse (my fashion friend in real life said the same thing).  It does look bulky.  I also tried it under a few sweaters...bulky.  It's going back!

Hi @willomenia   Thanks.  That sterling silver cuff was the very first non-essential piece I bought with my very first paycheck at a small store in my home town...after paying my parents room and board hahaha...have had it for approximately 52 years!!!!!   One of my most treasured possessions.

@Nonametoday@Andreatoo@tototwo@4kitties  Of course, y'all are correct...one cannot have too many white blouses!   I have eight white blouses...how many do you own?

@Lisa Y  . @shy bobcat  . @beckyb1012  .

@wilma  . @Caaareful Shopper  . 

@ROMARY  . @shelbyshelbyshelby  . 

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

After your original comment I went to my closet and counted. I keep my black and white separate so it was easy. I have 20! LOL

Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF wrote:

I got a few ideas from your comments...thank you!.

@queendiva  Agree...it looks more like a topper than a poncho (Chico's called it a poncho).  It's the sleeves that probably make it hard to categorize.  I think you're right about the blouse (my fashion friend in real life said the same thing).  It does look bulky.  I also tried it under a few sweaters...bulky.  It's going back!

Hi @willomenia   Thanks.  That sterling silver cuff was the very first non-essential piece I bought with my very first paycheck at a small store in my home town...after paying my parents room and board hahaha...have had it for approximately 52 years!!!!!   One of my most treasured possessions.

@Nonametoday@Andreatoo@tototwo@4kitties  Of course, y'all are correct...one cannot have too many white blouses!   I have eight white blouses...how many do you own?

@Lisa Y  . @shy bobcat  . @beckyb1012  .

@wilma  . @Caaareful Shopper  . 

@ROMARY  . @shelbyshelbyshelby  . 

@MacDUFF   LOL.  I would have to go count them up but after a year of wearing them to church, meetings, etc., I start wearing them around the house and to the grocery store.  I do like mine to look new, white and crisp.  ;-)

Trusted Contributor

You look wonderful in every outfit.  You have  a very good sense of style and you know what looks good on you so you wear it well.  That is the key to looking good, knowing what looks good on you. Enjoy every outfit.