Super Contributor

Re: One thing led to another...

You are a bad influence. LOL I went to Chico's website & bought the beaded poncho. I usually don't wear them but I love the design of this one some much I had to get it. 

I love all of your outfits. You know how to dress & since I am retired I don't need work clothes anymore. My style is similar to yours & I love the way you put things together. Also I love your bracelet of 52 years. It is a statement piece. Wish I could find something close to it as I would jump at it.

Esteemed Contributor

@ROMARY   I like to use collared blouses under crew neck sweaters as a base layer in transitional weather.  Hope you have fun pairing sweaters with some of your pretty printed collars attached to blouses that are too tight haha!

Thanks @chiclet ...the white blouse was a keeper!

Thanks @Mindy D ...too bad it didn't make the cut, eh?

Hey @SurferWife  Hope you are well!  If you have a Chicos out there in paradise, you should check out their no iron cotton as well as their no iron linen...it's dang near a miracle!  Might even be worth ordering one just to try (I know it can be expensive to ship to you).  The sales associate told me they're trying to get the no iron technology into their jeans and pants, too.  If that happens...oh happy day!

I realized that I called this a poncho when it's actually a ruana.  Ruanas tend to look like an oversized blanket thrown over my shoulders...a look I don't like...even tho this one did have the unusual sleeve and slimmer cut from regular ruanas.  I prefer ponchos.  I'll get it all right one of these days haha!

Have a great week y'all.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Esteemed Contributor

@Diamonds22  Thanks so much!  Depending on what you wear under it (I loved it with all black), I think this ruana is a perfect balance between comfy casual and dressy enough for a holiday gathering.  It's a very nice piece, and I hope you wear yours in good health!  Come back and tell us how you liked it.

~~~ I call dibs on the popcorn concession!! ~~~
Honored Contributor

@MacDUFF 

No Chico's or Sonoma (owned by Chico's or sister company or some kind of retail relative) here.  I frequented both when I lived in Dallas.  I order my lingerie from Sonoma's website, but haven't ordered anything online from Chico's.  I should go there!

Time is just a drop in the bucket compared to eternity. It isn’t how long you live that matters; it is how well you are prepared to die. ~~Colonel Robert B. Thieme, Jr.