Esteemed Contributor

Re: One of the Models Now Wearing a Wig

@Trinity11 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

@susan in California wrote:

The wig issue doesn't bother me. I think all the models are beautiful.

Just an aside:  I was making an offhand comment one day at Weight Watchers 

to a very sweet Lifetime member who always sits next to me.

It had been just a silly comment about what I didn't like about

my hair.  She chimed in, "...you have the same problem I have..."

Her hair looked wonderful and always does.  So I told her so.

Then she said, "I wear wigs and have for many years."

To be honest, I am not familiar with wigs, but this lady always

looks great in every way.  I am happy for her , and her hair (wig)

looks totally natural.

I have a "convenience" wig and don't know how anyone can go w/o one. When I need to last-minute go to the store or anywhere when hair is a mess, I have a wig to throw on. It looks exactly like my hair, even being 25% gray. I would never do w/o one. Even when someone unexpectedly is at the door and you're unprepared, you can put it on and always look good. Believe me, it is a small cost for something you will always appreciate.  

I bought two wigs and threw them out within a couple of weeks. They just looked unnatural to me. I paid over $250.00 for each of them. Maybe a natural hair wig would be better? I just find wigs often times very shiny and fake looking. However, I am still willing to try and find a good brand.

You might want to take a look at Toni Brattin's on Evine@Trinity11. They're inexpensive and synthetic.. I wouldn't want a human hair one. I wouldn't look at Sherri Shepherd's or QVC's with the long-hair vendor. I tried one of hers and returned it, way too shiny. Toni Brattin's synthetic are all under $l00. Take a look online

Honored Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

The wig issue doesn't bother me. I think all the models are beautiful.

Just an aside:  I was making an offhand comment one day at Weight Watchers 

to a very sweet Lifetime member who always sits next to me.

It had been just a silly comment about what I didn't like about

my hair.  She chimed in, "...you have the same problem I have..."

Her hair looked wonderful and always does.  So I told her so.

Then she said, "I wear wigs and have for many years."

To be honest, I am not familiar with wigs, but this lady always

looks great in every way.  I am happy for her , and her hair (wig)

looks totally natural.

I have a "convenience" wig and don't know how anyone can go w/o one. When I need to last-minute go to the store or anywhere when hair is a mess, I have a wig to throw on. It looks exactly like my hair, even being 25% gray. I would never do w/o one. Even when someone unexpectedly is at the door and you're unprepared, you can put it on and always look good. Believe me, it is a small cost for something you will always appreciate.  

I bought two wigs and threw them out within a couple of weeks. They just looked unnatural to me. I paid over $250.00 for each of them. Maybe a natural hair wig would be better? I just find wigs often times very shiny and fake looking. However, I am still willing to try and find a good brand.

You might want to take a look at Toni Brattin's on Evine@Trinity11. They're inexpensive and synthetic.. I wouldn't want a human hair one. I wouldn't look at Sherri Shepherd's or QVC's with the long-hair vendor. I tried one of hers and returned it, way too shiny. Toni Brattin's synthetic are all under $l00. Take a look online

Thanks so much for the info. I will take a look. I think Toni used to be on HSN? She always looked cute in the wigs.

Trusted Contributor

@febe1

Thank you for the suggestion.  I am sure your wig looks very nice on you.

My hair is sort of a mixed blond with a little reddish, not grey.  It is hard

to match, but I may one day have the courage to try one that doesn't match

my natural color.  The lady from WW wears a grey wig in a short cut, and

she is very stylish.  I don't think anyone would know it is a wig; although I

am not terribly observant unless it is a man with a very obvious "rug' 

haha.

Honored Contributor

I think Brenda is a lovely model, but l don't think her wig looks natural, b/c of the center part. JMHO.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

@febe1

Thank you for the suggestion.  I am sure your wig looks very nice on you.

My hair is sort of a mixed blond with a little reddish, not grey.  It is hard

to match, but I may one day have the courage to try one that doesn't match

my natural color.  The lady from WW wears a grey wig in a short cut, and

she is very stylish.  I don't think anyone would know it is a wig; although I

am not terribly observant unless it is a man with a very obvious "rug' 

haha.

I think it best if the first wig you ever purchase is very close to your own color and style. This way there's no "shock." 8) I've been complemented on my "hair" so many times, I get embarrassed. I don't know whether to say, "thank you," or "it's a wig." I finally just went to, "thank you." It solves all problems. 

I just consider it a necessary accessory. I have to say I have never liked a hat or anything on my head, so my wig is worn a short time and when needed. I'm so surprised everyone does not have this convenience.. 8) 

Super Contributor

I agree - Katia couldn't look bad if she tried.  Gorgeous and classy.  She makes me want to try a wig!  Most of the time I don't even think about her hair being a wig, I just think she rocks every single style of hair and clothing they put her in. 

Trusted Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

I love Mary with the bangs! They take years off! (I don't think it's a full wig)

I agree!

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

My hair is NEVER perfectly coiffed! If I put on a wig anyone that knows me would know it's a wig Woman Embarassed

I think it would be fun to do something entirely different from my own hair.

My hair is long and very curly...

Esteemed Contributor

Andreatoo wrote:

My hair is NEVER perfectly coiffed! If I put on a wig anyone that knows me would know it's a wig Woman Embarassed

I think it would be fun to do something entirely different from my own hair.

My hair is long and very curly...

Andreatoo, being able to wear different hairstyles and hair color without long term commitment  is definitely high on my reasons for wearing a wig.  More often than not, unless some of your own hair can be used in the styling, anyone looking closely will probably be able to detect you are wearing a wig.  This goes for $1,000 wigs on down to the faux offerings from brands such as Sherri Sheperd and Toni Bratton the under $100. Once you start wearing a wig and get comfortable with it, and feel you look good in your wig, you no longer give a hoot who knows.