Honored Contributor

One World...no petites!...................

I really like the ttv maxi but they don't have petites...again and  again.  I'm only 5-2 and one of the hosts once said she just took a pair of scissors to the hem and lopped off a few inches...really?! Not going to do that nore am I taking it to get it hemmed for more money.Smiley Frustrated

Trusted Contributor

Re: One World...no petites!...................

I have a different problem.  I'm 5'7", so the length for me is fine.  And I absolutely LOVE the One World micro jersey material.  But.........I don't do sleeveless or those flutter sleeve things.  In my opinion, the flutter sleeves only look good on teenagers or young adults.  They certainly don't look good on my arms!  LOL  So my problem is that I don't wear sleevess for that reason and also because I am VERY cold natured.  Even living here in hot, humid Houston, I pretty much am cold anytime I'm inside where they have the a/c cranked down.  And I don't want to wear another layer, i.e., a jacket or shrug, etc.  I have a heater under my desk here at work that goes 12 months out of the year!  LOL  I love the aqua color in that TS dress, but because it's sleeveless....it's a no-go for me.  I've written to Sam Saboura several times asking him to please bring in 3/4 sleeves for his One World micro jersey designs.  He even agreed that they did way too many flutter sleeves.  LOL

Honored Contributor

@NiteStar,

Wish I were taller like youSmiley Happy. I understand about the sleevless thing and I'm not liking flutter sleeves either. I don't do 3/4...rather have short sleeves in summer or full-on long sleeves in fall/winter which can be scrunched up if needed.  That aqua color ttv appeals to me too...would look nice with a sheer or crochet shrug.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I'm also 5'2" but I don't bother with the dresses. I haven't had issues with the other garments.

Just caught this clearance item I'm debating getting

725-504- One World Printed Velvet Fringe Trimmed Kimono & Knit Embellished Tank Top

Honored Contributor

Cute dress! $35

One World Micro Jersey Printed Sleeveless Back Applique V-Neck Maxi Dress - 728-393

728-393_01_swatch.jpg

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

I think this maxi is very pretty.   I like the sleeveless ones much better than the flutter sleeved ones.  Probably because I have wide shoulders (relative to my frame).  I think the flutter looks best on women with narrow shoulders.

Don't need another one, though!  I'm kind of maxi'd out!!!

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

I think this maxi is very pretty.   I like the sleeveless ones much better than the flutter sleeved ones.  Probably because I have wide shoulders (relative to my frame).  I think the flutter looks best on women with narrow shoulders.

Don't need another one, though!  I'm kind of maxi'd out!!!

Yes, cute dress. I like the neckline/sleeve design. Good price. Would look great topped with a cropped denim jacket. 

But I too am fully stocked for summer. I will make an exception/addition, the recent IMAN TS maxi that I missed while traveling. Waiting for it to go on clearance. Will get more wear from it vs a paisley design. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Trusted Contributor

Those maxis are very pretty.

I have had to hem some of Evine's maxi offerings but I do sew and it wasn't that difficult. On these One World maxi dresses the tricky part would be which print was picked. The border might be lost on one of them but that wouldn't matter too much; but the ones with the bigger prints might lose the proportion of the prints.

I'm glad to see One World get away from the sublimations. It's pot-luck where those end up on one's body. On one of the maxis I bought, I actually sewed up the center front because I didn't like the lines showing in the stomach area.

I get a lot of compliments on that dress!

Honored Contributor

Someone called in today asking about petites.  I believe they said they were working on it.  Hope they will have something for you soon.  I love One World.  Most of my summer dresses are One World.  I am 5'6.  The dresses are fine for my height.  I love their hi low dresses as well as the maxis. 

Super Contributor

I bought two, such great quality!!!! The other color was sold out....bummer.  They emailed me a $15 off coupon too!!!!