Honored Contributor

Re: One Of Those "Love/Dislike" Issues

@Andreatoo wrote:

@ECBG 

It's a beautiful blouse but I'm sorry it just doesn't look so short to me?! Where do you want it to hit you?

@Andreatoo 

I'd like 1 1/2-2 inches longer.  When trying on, it was very short.  Still in "jeggings time" in fashion, I was sure.

J jill is in no way a teen store.  Why does teen fashion effect their line?

Honored Contributor

@ECBG 

It's clearly not a crop top. But I don't know where you want it to hit on you. Past the top of your thighs? Is it described as a tunic?

Honored Contributor

@Andreato wrote:

@ECBG 

It's clearly not a crop top. But I don't know where you want it to hit on you. Past the top of your thighs? Is it described as a tunic?

@Andreatoo 

Many button down  blouses and shirts are longer than this blouse was when I tried it on.  They skipped on fabric.

Respected Contributor

That is disappointing. Most of J Jill’s pants are narrow slim cut pants that look better proportioned with a long top.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi @ECBG Beautiful top!  Love the collar and sleeves, and the textured material!  I checked it out online, but not for me right now.  Several pictures and length measurements are included online.  Posted Missy length is 26 1/2" center back, shirttail hem.  I posted snapshots here. There are also q&as on the page, with responses to questions about bust and sweep measurements.  I would think you would have received this information over the phone if you had asked.

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 2.28.38 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 2.28.53 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-04-17 at 2.30.01 PM.png

@Drythe the style number is in there, 218511.

Very pretty!

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe 

Thanks for the pictures. And as I expected that is the length I assumed it was from the OP. .

Am I unique here or does this length seem enough to anyone else?? It just does not strike me as short

Esteemed Contributor

@Andreatoo wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

Thanks for the pictures. And as I expected that is the length I assumed it was from the OP. .

Am I unique here or does this length seem enough to anyone else?? It just does not strike me as short

Tops are not all the same length, I certainly have seen both shorter and longer tops.  The longer ones are ususally referred to as tunics. I think it's up to everyone what they like.  

I think J Jill provided adequate information regarding the apperance and length of this top for everyone to make a decision whether they like it or not.  It would be long enough for me.  I wear a variety of lengths, depending on the pants I am wearing and my mood.

Honored Contributor

@NYCLatinaMe wrote:

@Andreatoo wrote:

@NYCLatinaMe 

Tops are not all the same length, I certainly have seen both shorter and longer tops.  The longer ones are ususally referred to as tunics. I think it's up to everyone what they like.  

I think J Jill provided adequate information regarding the apperance and length of this top for everyone to make a decision whether they like it or not.  It would be long enough for me.  I wear a variety of lengths, depending on the pants I am wearing and my mood.

@Andreatoo @ECBG @NYCLatinaMe 

That would be adequately long for me to wear because I don't wear low-slung pants.  I wear pants that are at my natural waistline (or button at my navel) and I am pretty long-waisted but pretty high-hipped so have long legs as well.  As one seamstress asked me once:  Were you always built like this, to which I replied, "No, I had a wreck last week and when they put me back together, you see what they did to me."

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

It would seem we all have an area where we prefer tops to "hit".  They likely shorted the item for profet.  This top wl favor the less tall

Honored Contributor

@jellyBEAN 

Cotton.